Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

"Ah man...they're all great...."

...I had not been flying my FSX DX10, or my P3D.x for about 6 weeks.  Have been mostly flying XP11 and AF2, with some FS9 thrown in.

Today, I ran P3D.x, updated GSX to the latest, updated ASN also to the latest, and had a great flight.

I enjoyed elements of P3D, that can't be had in XP10/11, or AF2.

I enjoy elements of XP10/11 and AF2 that can't be seen in FSX/P3D/FS9

Bottom line, at least from my viewpoint, here-on-out, is that there is no 'King', or top of the heap flight-sim platform.  They are all great.  If you own them all, and fly them all, you know that yourself.

XP.x, P3D.x, FSX.x and AF2 each have a unique footprint, and comparing one over the other, truly is a redundant employ.

I've taken a 'pause' in adding any further 32 bit titles to P3D/FSX, until I see what V4 is going to bring to the table.

Yep...I truly enjoyed what P3D offered me this morning,... visually, and feature-set.  Like the others...and only needed to take a flight with it, to reinforce, ...that there is no one-sim-fits-all.

Nope..; :hi:  :Cuppa:

• Upvote 2

I've taken a 'pause' in adding any further 32 bit titles to P3D/FSX, until I see what V4 is going to bring to the table.

My hiatus extends to seeing what DTG brings to the field.  If they crash and burn, I'll finally move on to P3D...it's only been 10 years now that I've had FSX..(but it's all those excellent add-ons, most recently cloud shadows, that have made FSX worthwhile for all those years, as well as OC'ed rippin' fast quad core CPUs).

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Bottom line, at least from my viewpoint, here-on-out, is that there is no 'King', or top of the heap flight-sim platform.  They are all great.  If you own them all, and fly them all, you know that yourself.

I think most fair minded people would agree with that statement, however not all people are fair minded and a lot of people tend to bash products that they don't own or never tried.

That being said, will all the sims have their strengths and weaknesses, I would say that the P3D series is the most complete only due to the fact that it covers the whole world, which some don't, has all seasons, which some don't, and has the most extensive library of 3rd party addons which the others don't have at this stage yet.

Hopefully at some time in the not too distant future, we'll have a sim that has all of the goodies of each of these sims, combined into one platform that will be considered the staple of the community.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hopefully at some time in the not too distant future, we'll have a sim that has all of the goodies of each of these sims, combined into one platform that will be considered the staple of the community.

Nah... then that staple sim would have no real competition to light a fire under its developers and keep it moving forward. 

Competition is good. It can be a little rough on the end-users, in the sense of the Chinese "interesting times" curse; maybe having to re-purchase add-ons for a new or updated sim platform. But in the end it works out better for us.  :smile:

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Yup, so long as it ain't appallingly bad, I'll give pretty much any sim a chance, and even if I don't adopt it as a fvourite, I'll at least buy it in order to ensure developers keep making sims.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I am the same with a spending freeze on the 32-bit platform. I have purchased hundreds of content for FSX so this also forces me to go back and enjoy things I haven't used for a while.

I do have P3D as well but never really caught on, perhaps v4

Matthew Kane