Sign in to follow this  
john123

help with video card drivers not responding when using pmdg products

Hi Let Me start by saying i have never posted anything before so ,i don't even know if im in the right place.

iv been simming for years fsx ,now p3d and i seem to have the same problem for years i would just put up with it because there are so many fixes out there and none work. so im very skeptical of fixes but will try anything at this point. my video card drivers stop responding and the screen goes black then white ,i still hear the sound i can still see my curser on the screan and can even turn nobs even though i have no idea what nob since i cannot see it. at the top of p3d it says that it is not responding.

this ihappens every time im in a pmdg plane. ive given up on the 737,,777 and like an idiot i bought the new 747 v2 and it is doing it like crazy. very depressing,now i have rebuilt my pc 3 or 4 times and reinstalled must be a hundred times and no matter what i get the same thing. here is the event log on my pc

The description for Event ID 1 from source NVIDIA OpenGL Driver cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Unable to recover from a kernel exception. The application must close.

Error code: 3 (subcode 2)
 (pid=3880 tid=4536 pfpx.exe 32bit)

Visit http://www.nvidia.com/page/support.html for more information.

now if i do nothing then p3d will crash obviously. atleast in fsx it would recover ind i could continue on.given that all parts have been replaced 3 time over and i run soft ware to monitor my system i get no strange spikes in power to the video card and my VAS rarly goes under 1.3 my video card mem usage is about 2 gigs of 4 and so on.

just wanted to pick you brains may be some one out there has had the same problem. i have tried running with only p3d running and have the same results.

on the instance above pfpx went seconds befor p3d went.

thanks for your help. specs below.

-ASUS TUF SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

-AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz (4.2 GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W FD8350FRHKBOX Desktop Processor water cooled.

-EVGA GeForce GTX 980 04G-P4-3988-KR 4GB CLASSIFIED GAMING w/ACX 2.0, 26% Cooler and 36% Quieter Cooling For Gaming Graphics Card

-Thermaltake Tough Power TP-750P 750W ATX 12V 2.3 & SSI EPS 12V 2.92 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Active PFC Power Supply

- 1 tb ssd

-G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C10D-16GAO

- i run the water cooling only because it was free so what the heck. if it matters i run 2/ 27in Samsung monitors.

thanks again

Hi John,

Don't forget to sign your name to your posts, you might get more help.

I had a problem like this, turned out to be the motherboard.

Jerry Friz

Try a clean out and installation of new driver.  First uninstall the NVidia driver with the control panel, then restart your computer in safe mode.  While in safe mode, delete all NVidia files and folders.  Unless you are in safe mode there will be a couple of files that Windows will not let you delete. Then reboot and download and install a known good driver.  Hope this works and it's not the mobo.

Dan Downs KCRP

I did as you say and it keeps doing it.i only installed the driver this time. its funny i can play mafia 3 and it really gets my video card going and it never happens to it or any other program i run.thanks for your help any way.