Sign in to follow this  
borisvp

PMDG panel states with jumpstart

Hi,

can Simstarter NG do this with jumpstart:

• Select a previously saved flight with a PMDG aircraft, which was saved with engines off and aircraft set up for turnaround
  • Select a different location and time
  • Start FSX / P3Dv3.4 HF2 with the formerly saved panel state?

I tried the freeware version 2.7.4 and it cannot do this - it loads the flight, but always with the engines running. It does work, though, when I load that previously saved flight from the start screen - then the engines remain off.

Please don't explain that I can load a panel state from inside the PMDG aircraft - I know that. I explicitly want to know if I can use Simstarter for the above. 

And in that context: PMDG recommends to not touch the default flight in FSX/P3D (not start the flight, just have it loaded in the background). I see that Simstarter appears to overwrite the default situation with the "jumpstart" situation. Can this have an effect on the aircraft initialization and functioning?

EDIT 1: If this is the case: Can I use Simstarter to create a "jumpstart" situation without starting the sim with it, i.e. start the sim normally with the default situation and then load the "jumpstart" flight? This would also help.

EDIT 2: Sorry, it doesn't help. The "jumpstart" flight always starts with the engines on, no matter how it is loaded.

Thanks and Regards

Boris

Hi Boris,

no, Simstarter cannot do this. This is because PMDG aircraft save the panel state in the respective PMDG folder, and as long as this is not loaded with the jumpstart flight, the aircraft will load with the default state, which is with engines running. Simstarter does not copy these files when making the jumpstart flight. If it did, what you asked for should be possible. What you can do - I must mention this - is that you can edit the aircraft's ini file to default load with a specific panel state, for example cold&dark.

Regarding the default flight, it is true that it can lead to problems when this flight is overwritten and a complex aircraft is loaded initially, so I would not recommend to do this. 

A cool feature would be, though, what you suggested in your EDIT 1. This will work for aircraft which do not maintain their own status files, even rather complex ones like the Flight1 King Air. It would be even better, when the user could specify which other files should be copied with the jumpstart flight generation with the same name as that flight, because then this feature would work also for example for PMDG aircraft.

Maybe the developer will implement this feature in a later version  :smile:

Boris

A cool feature would be, though, what you suggested in your EDIT 1. This will work for aircraft which do not maintain their own status files, even rather complex ones like the Flight1 King Air. It would be even better, when the user could specify which other files should be copied with the jumpstart flight generation with the same name as that flight, because then this feature would work also for example for PMDG aircraft.

Hi Boris,

I don't have any PMDG aircraft, but what you suggest might be possible using the file operations functions in the RunCfg.

You might also be able to create a .bat file and have the RunCfg feature execute it for you.

Since I'm not a 100% sure what you need to accomplish I can only offer a guess, but it might be worth exploring.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem