Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GTN 750/650 Touch v2.4 XP11 released

Hi, I'm pleased to announce the official GTN v2.4 release!

Most of you regular forum visitors mostly know what is new, but let me try to wrap it up in one place!

Here are the release notes:

• New: Configuration Panel GUI.
  • New: Import flight plans (Garmin .gfp format).
  • New: Import user waypoints.
  • New: Per-aircraft checklists (Garmin .ace format).
  • New: Use stock X-Plane GPS buttons and knobs.
  • Enhanced: User's manual new sections and corrections.
  • Enhanced: Bug corrections and stability enhancements.

A little bit more information:

The GTN menu has completely changed now that we have the configuration panel GUI. We've also deactivated automatic updates and added a manual "Check Updates..." menu option instead.

gtn_menu.png

The configuration panel GUI is a great addition to the product. With its modern interface it makes editing the INI file a thing of the past.

gtn_settings_1.png

Import flight plan and user waypoints is very handy especially when using external flight planning tools. This works with the native Garmin .gfp format.

The GTN installs a sample pack to get you started, along with a dedicated chapter in the user's manual.

Per-aircraft checklists adds a new dimension to your flying experience. You can prepare you checklist files with the free Garmin Checklist editor and use them in your aircraft.

The GTN installs a full-featured Cessna sample pack to get you started as well, worth the price of the GTN alone!

Use stock X-Plane GPS buttons and knobs is neat and a first step toward better panel integration. Although it is most of use with our GNS V2 for X-Plane, we decided to add this capability to the GTN and we'll see how far you, our customers, drive this to!

User's Manual: we've put additional efforts to the user's manual with more explanations, better pagination and proper sections.

We encourage all of you to take the time to review and re-read the manual, not only to discover the new features listed above, but also to discover some of the features you might have missed!

As always, you just need to download the e-commerce installers from our website, or use the downloaded file from the auto-update panel, and then re-install over your existing installation.

[uPDATE] FEB21/18:00Z: The installers has been re-uploaded to fix a missing folder.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you for the update, installed and tested, no crash yet in XP11, the new plugin menu looks good, only problem and it was the same as I reported in version 2.3.

When you power down the aircraft the last screen showing on the GTN stays and does not go black.

The order strange thing is the screens for the GTN in the 3D cockpit disappear for a second on power up while the GTN is loading..

When you power down the aircraft the last screen showing on the GTN stays and does not go black.

Is this with no bezel = true or nobezel = false?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I'll review this and let you know. Hopefully it is not preventing the plugin to work. We might think of this just as-if there is a surge on power up, with the screens going in power-save mode for a second ? I'll review the power-off "last screen shown" issue as well, sorry for this one.

Thanks for sharing the videos! I've just noticed, and I've seen it in other videos, the touchscreen 'click' sound is very loud.

Just so you know, you can go to System | Sound and adjust the 'click' volume there!

Similarly, you can go to the Backlight icon next to the sound icon, and adjust the integral lighting offset!

Besides, your C172 MOD will benefit from the additional checklist now!

I know this is a totally different developer (and sim!) but for the F1 product it was not recommended to run the GNS and GTN together....  maybe a factor for video 1?  I think the GNS and GTN trainers don't run well at the same time.  I may be wrong though...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I know this is a totally different developer (and sim!) but for the F1 product it was not recommended to run the GNS and GTN together..

I normally do not run both together due to frame rate hit but for the video to show the problem with the GTN compared to GNS on AVIONICS POWER OFF.

There is no problem running both our GTN and GNS at the same time. We take care of this both at the trainer level, and at the sim level. This means for example the "master" device option works across plugins.

Of course, the more you run, the less frame rate and this is expected to some degree. On our middle-grade test system there is not much fps loss though. And you can even have popup window and 3D cockpit both rendering the gauge at the same time, not like the cockpit gauge becomes dark because you open a popup window.

Nevertheless, we have further ideas to help in that department too.

So far, no XP-11 crash on startup with GTN issues.

But still no TCAD?

17/02/25 03:26:32.598 04224 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.4.0.0

17/02/25 03:26:34.670 04224 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.4.0.0

On February 24, 2017 at 10:32 PM, Piper5299X said:

But still no TCAD?

Thank you for the notice. There is a bug we've identified and solved in upcoming update!

@Bill: already answered in your other post.