Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GNS 530W/430W V2 v2.2 XP11 released

Hi, I'm pleased to announce the official GNS v2.2 release!

Most of you regular forum visitors mostly know what is new, but let me try to wrap it up in one place!

Here are the release notes:

• New: Configuration Panel GUI.
  • New: Import flight plans (Garmin .fpl format).
  • New: Export flight plans (Garmin .fpl format).
  • New: Use stock X-Plane GPS buttons and knobs.
  • New: Tutorial: Upgrade X-Plane 11 Baron 58 GPS
  • Enhanced: User's manual new sections and corrections.
  • Enhanced: Bug corrections and stability enhancements.

A little bit more information:

The GTN menu has completely changed now that we have the configuration panel GUI. We've also deactivated automatic updates and added a manual "Check Updates..." menu option instead.

gns_menu.png

The configuration panel GUI is a great addition to the product. With its modern interface it makes editing the INI file a thing of the past.

gns_settings_1.png

Import flight plan and Export flight plan is very handy especially when using external flight planning tools. This works with the native Garmin .fpl format.

The GNS installs a sample pack to get you started, along with a dedicated chapter in the user's manual.

Use stock X-Plane GPS buttons and knobs is a great step toward better panel integration and shines with the GNS V2.

Simply put: this feature alone is the killer app to integrating the GNS V2 to any XP11 and XP10 panels using the stock GPS 500 and GPS 400.

To put this in action, the user's manual now includes a complete tutorial to guide you through replacing the XP11 Baron 58 GPS with the GNS 530W V2.

Here is what the end result looks like, with fully working knobs and keys:

gns_panel3d.jpg

User's Manual: we've put additional efforts to the user's manual with more explanations, better pagination and proper sections.

We encourage all of you to take the time to review and re-read the manual, not only to discover the new features listed above, but also to discover some of the features you might have missed!

As always, you just need to download the e-commerce installers from our website, or use the downloaded file from the auto-update panel, and then re-install over your existing installation.

[uPDATE] FEB21/18:00Z: The installers has been re-uploaded to fix the missing folder causing the GNS blank screen.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

No, All default. The GNS trainer has 2009 db. Could I have the wrong trainer?

The trainer ships with cycle 0910 so this sounds normal.

I initially thought you were wondering why your DB version was not the same as before, because it now reads SEP09. What were you expecting otherwise?

Adding the missing folder manually solved my problems also.  Thanks for the update!!!!

This sounds great!

Besides, all installers have just been re-uploaded (GNS and GTN) with the fix for the missing folder. I've also took care to change the GNS sample flight plan file because it included a fix not in the database, ending up in the annoying "FPL is locked" message every time you boot!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

THX Jean Luc. I figured that out. Seems we use to update the data with a trainer version to something newer with the RXP FSX GNS. Ah, I had saved an old copy of 0614

If you still have the GTN Trainer from July (6.01.1), you might want to read this:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/501135-rxp-gns-530w430w-v2-database-update/

If not, I'm looking at the difference between the files and will probably offer a patch to transform the DB included with the GNS 3.3 to a more recent DB. The thing about a patch is that it does not contain any of the original DB files data, it only contains the differences between the 2.

I won't be distributing any DB file by itself: say you have '4', and you'd like to have '7', instead of giving you '7' directly, I give you only '3' and 'addition', then tell you how to apply 'addition' and '3' to your '4' to obtain the desired '7'. Replace '4' with GNS 3.3 DB and '7' with GTN 6.01.1 DB.

I have the old 6.01.1 but was never able to get the db to work in the newer trainer. Oh well, I'm happy. Be nice though. Was able to install the GNS is the B58. Trying to Figure out how to popup the RXP and not the Default.

Here is a step-by-step guide: http://www.avsim.com/topic/501135-rxp-gns-530w430w-v2-database-update/?p=3544591#entry3544591

As for the popup, I've tried but it looks like the documented XP11 command for this which is "sim/GPS/g430n1_popup" is not used internally.

It seems all bezel commands are properly triggered and we can intercept these, further confirmed in looking into the aircraft files, where you can see the 'triggers' configured for each bezel button. However, the 'popup' command is not used in the aircraft files, and I suspect XP11 directly show/hide the popup without using the aforementioned command. In this case, we cannot intercept.

The thing which is missing the manual is that if you open plane maker, go to 3D cockpit, then remove the Garmin_530_screen gauge from the panel, you'll have a perfectly working RXP GNS in place of the the XPL GPS, and no annoying XPL GPS popup window.

However, there's an interesting aside.  If you setup the RXP GNS and delete the standard XP GNS screen in planemaker, you can use the default XP command to popup the GXP screen.  Meaning, when you've removed the GNS530 screen object, both the RXP command, and the XP (sim/GPS/g430n1_popup) will open the RXP 2D popup.  Unexpected, but kinda nice :)

Evan Purcell

Although the Garmin_xxx_screen does not use the command but open the popup directly internally, our plugin still intercepts the default popup command. Do you mean you've found a way to redirect a click on the screen to open/close our popup window, or that at least the command works and provided you configure it to your flight controls for example, you can make use of it?!?

I have not found a way to intercept a click on the screen.

I have 3 keyboard commands setup:

one to popup the default XP GNS unit

one to popup the RXP GNS

one to popup the RXP GTN

I was surprised to see that both the default and the RXP commands will popup the RPX.  That's all.

Evan Purcell

Ok I get it thanks! Yes we've decided to connect the command even though it is not working, just in case this is a XP11 beta bug only, or in case we figure out a way the command triggers, or just in case an aircraft vendor decides to use the popup command in the model!

Hi Jean Luc. Just had windows 10 defender flag the rxpgtnsim32.dll as a trojan virus. I believe its BS?

Correct.  Microsoft Sec Essentials flags it too...  just add a file location exception to where that file resides and it will work.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

My Win7 defender doesn't flag it though! It is a false positive.