Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GNS 530W/430W V2 v2.2 XP11 released

I'm sure it probably is. Here is what it claimed : Trojan Win32/Feury.B!cl. I reinstalled and told defender to go away. :)

Hi Jean Luc. Just had windows 10 defender flag the rxpgtnsim32.dll as a trojan virus. I believe its BS?

I am having the same.

Here is the virus total scan:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b1e35d7d2bc517f9430965e0916639a419f2124e32474bcbd73c531b0ac4b21f/analysis/1487787380/

This is normal it gets flagged from time to time, because we do protect our IP, with certain piece of technology. Unfortunately, the same technology is also used by hackers to spread their malware. No wonder they use similar tools, these are among the best on the market to evade code scrutiny.

Rest assured our software is tagged with unique data and is traceable, so unless our own computers get hacked unnoticed, there is no risk in whitelisting our files. Besides, our dev systems are totally isolated from the rest and never serve any other purpose than development. So whatever malware would hit us, this won't be on the dev systems where all code development and installer preparation takes place!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hey Jean-Luc,

I'm having a small issue when installing 2 GNS530 units as NAV/COM1 and NAV/COM2.  It seems that the 'master' status isn't read properly.  The .ini file has unit the first unit as the master, but when I load the plane, neither unit has the master box checked.

Also, when changing the 'crossfill' setting, you need to re-boot the unit.  I assume that will read the .ini file fresh during the boot-up.  Would it be possible to have the reboot option available all the time?  It would make fitting the RXP units into a 3D cockpit soooooo much easier, as you wouldn't have to restart the sim / reload the plane when positioning the window.  You could just re-boot the GNS....

Evan Purcell

The ini file and master setting was supposed to be solved with the latest builds, I'll have to review this on our end.

As for the 'reboot' it is only rebooting the trainer device, not the entire plugin system. You might want to try 'Plugin Admin | Enable/Disable' instead. This will effectively unload/save the entire RXP GNS devices, halt, then reload the RXP GNS devices as if XPlane just booted (from the GNS plugin perspective). It has not been specifically tested for this, but this shall work.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Thanks for the info... I'll try the unload/reload to assist with building 3D cockpits.

The .ini file seems to be intermittent.  I'll see if I can find more details.

Evan Purcell

YES finally !!!!!!!    by creating the GNS Tainer Data Folder in Program data manually,  I now have the GNS 530 up and running.  installer issue, missing folder....

On February 26, 2017 at 11:03 AM, richzep said:

YES finally !!!!!!!    by creating the GNS Tainer Data Folder

I'm glad it is now working for you! However, do you mean even the latest 2.2 update fails to create this folder for you?

On 2/28/2017 at 9:38 PM, RXP said:

I'm glad it is now working for you! However, do you mean even the latest 2.2 update fails to create this folder for you?

YES I still had to create manually with V2.2.

Ok, v2.2.1 takes care to do this both in the installer and in the plugin now, just in case.

the only thing that I cant do now is undock the window and move it to my Emuteq screen, I know under xplane 11 beta it can't, so waiting. 

As soon as the SDK is updated, we'll see how the best to enable this floating window feature.