Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

Why isn't my Cargo Door working?

41 minutes ago, kevinh said:

If you understood I had read the manual who else was it meant for? No one else had asked about the lower deck cargo doors.

As for your second point if you feel Kyle shouldn't have bothered starting this thread then tell him, not me. I was only suggesting adding info about all cargo doors.

Man, could you just let it go? My first phrase was kind of humourus. Then for the rest, please stop taking it personally. Maybe was it clumsy as English is not my natural language but not need to make a big deal of it...
Case closed on my side at least.

• Upvote 1

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Could someone tell me which of the manuals ( 00 - 12 ) has the details regarding doors and controlling them please? I've been scouring them all (the manuals ) and for some reason I can't seem to locate the narrative on this. 

Thank you for your time!

Richard G. Gardner.

34 minutes ago, Cyclopean said:

Could someone tell me which of the manuals ( 00 - 12 ) has the details regarding doors and controlling them please? I've been scouring them all (the manuals ) and for some reason I can't seem to locate the narrative on this. 

Thank you for your time!

Richard G. Gardner.

Intro manual.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

There is also description of electrical systems but it is not easy for the non-technician to grasp the significance of how the system is configured.  I'm an electrical engineer and I had to study it for a few minutes to realize what was going on and why it was like that.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 2/21/2017 at 6:22 AM, AirCanada235 said:

It pains me that you have had to pin this topic because people are too lazy to ready the into manual.

• Upvote 1

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

On 2/21/2017 at 7:09 AM, Beardyman said:

Maybe it is time to give up 'written manuals' as people get too lazy to read hundreds of pages, maybe it is better to do 'video manuals' ... ? 🙂

A Very good idea! 

1 hour ago, Oskar Speer said:

A Very good idea! 

No it's not.  i understand some folks find reading difficult for any number or reasons and there are audible books because of this; however, can you imagine how boring it would be to listen to someone read the manual to you?  These are not drama stories, they are technical references on very technical subjects.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

15 minutes ago, downscc said:

No it's not.  i understand some folks find reading difficult for any number or reasons and there are audible books because of this; however, can you imagine how boring it would be to listen to someone read the manual to you?  These are not drama stories, they are technical references on very technical subjects.

And I actually don‘t want to listen a complete topic about the (e.g.) insertion of custom waypoints (or don‘t want to watch it until the other guy eventually gets to what I need) but want to look after it in a manual where I can see the complete section and pick out just what is important to me right now. 

Epic thread dredge/revive...

Before this continues:

1. Look at the thread title
  2. Look at the topic being discussed since the thread dredge/revive
  3. Consider its applicability to point 1, and the potential to turn into something that might get locked

Kyle Rodgers

Can cargo doors get locked? 

Just turn on both Power busses 

*ducking down*

On 2/20/2017 at 11:22 PM, AirCanada235 said:

It pains me that you have had to pin this topic because people are too lazy to ready the into manual.

Take an aspirin.

• Like 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

18 minutes ago, Muley said:

I don't understand why we even have forums? If we have a manual that has all the answers why do we need a forum to ask questions. Baffles me?

It‘s actually a user-to-user quick help forum as well as a forum to discuss the function of systems, procedures and so on. FS pilots can easily get in contact with real world pilots and the developers can talk freely without the urgent need of perfect support like on the official (and paid) support portal. 

However there isn‘t much sense in asking questions like „why isn‘t my cargo door opening“ here as the actual function and usage of the aircraft systems are explained in the manuals. And using the search function (Ctrl+F) in a PDF is a lot faster than typing a question and waiting for an answer like this. All above when the same questions pops up over and over again, best added with the words „bug“ or „issue“ you start to ask yourself „why is there a manual?!“ 

however this forum is really great if you wonder how to fly certain procedures like a go around or an rnav approach correctly. Or what‘s the reason behind the IAN approach in the 737? Perfect forum for that.

43 minutes ago, Muley said:

I don't understand why we even have forums? If we have a manual that has all the answers why do we need a forum to ask questions. Baffles me?

I think this is ironically meant😎