Sign in to follow this  
DaveGi

Quality Wings Update & Video

So it is just a few months away from now.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Looks pretty good actually.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Looks great. Far greater depth than 757 and 146 it seems. Quite unfortunate they taking the FSL path of releasing FSX first then P3D months later. But it is what it is. By the time they get to P3D, V4 may be out lol. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Looks great. Far greater depth than 757 and 146 it seems. Quite unfortunate they taking the FSL path of releasing FSX first then P3D months later. But it is what it is. By the time they get to P3D, V4 may be out lol. 

I uninstalled the QW757 and QW146 LONG time ago.

After the QW787 for P3D v3 (or v4 later) is released I will read the reviews.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I uninstalled the QW757 and QW146 LONG time ago.

Likewise. The 757 in particular functions like fraction more than a default and the 146 is rather simple as well. But it seems clear from the video, the indepth systems and features are far more encompassing. They must be proud of the project despite its delay. But its not a dedicated work project. Its a side project from their main jobs. Im guessing we wont see the P3D version until well into summer. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Likewise. The 757 in particular functions like fraction more than a default and the 146 is rather simple as well. But it seems clear from the video, the indepth systems and features are far more encompassing. They must be proud of the project despite its delay. But its not a dedicated work project. Its a side project from their main jobs. Im guessing we wont see the P3D version until well into summer. 

Main jobs ("But its not a dedicated work project. Its a side project from their main jobs.") may mean limited support on the forum and slow product fixes / updates (service packs etc.) when e.g., P3D does an update. Maybe the QW release will be for only a specific P3D version ? Will have to wait and see.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

will not buy anything from QW until they will bring back to P3D my favourite 146  :P

Same for me. These guys are just too slow to justify investing in them. Just see how long it takes them to iron out a few bugs of the AVROs in P3D. You can use it but it is no fun. I guess it would be a day or two of work for them.

I am quite sure, P3Dv4 will be out months before the QW787. The post of QW does not sound to me like it is just around the corner. July or August maybe. P3D won't make it this year. Where can I bet?

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Probably not a first day buy for me, but certainly on my list, but then I'm a FSX user.  

Ernest Pergrem

I reckon I'd spring for that. It's certainly looking more detailed than my Aerosim 787 (which is overpriced for what it is), and the only other payware 787 I'm aware of (AFS is it?) might be inexpensive, but is not very nice at all in terms of fidelity and doesn't even look much like the real aeroplane either, especially the wingtips, which are very noticably incorrect on the AFS 3D model.

Personally I don't mind developers building stuff to a price and certain level of fidelity, in fact I'm quite a fan of that, because even though I do buy most if not all of the 'study sim' aeroplanes you can get, sometimes I just want to jump in and go, so I appreciate things like being able to have an FMC load a default FS flight plan, even though I have most of the payware flight planners there are and all that attendant malarkey such as Topcat etc. And because I run my own business, I'm also somewhat sympathetic of developers who do it part time, which is in fact the vast majority or them. Of course, one thing to be said for things built to a certain agreed level of fidelity, and with a correspondingly palatable price tag, is that they don't break the bank, and that is important when we consider the following...

What a lot of people who frequent Avsim - and some of the other flight simmer forums -  often forget, is that these virtual places tend to be a hang out for relatively hard core simmers. The reality is however, that there are a very large number of flight simmers out there who don't even come on forums such as this, and who aren't quite as obsessive as many of us about mega realism of every circuit-breaker and system behaviour; what you might call a silent majority, in that they don't tend to come on forums to complain about the lift co-efficient of the outboard flaps on their simulated airliner being 0.0001 percent incorrect when compared to the real aeroplane, which nine times out of ten they've never even piloted anyway lol.

So I reckon QW have got the realism factor pretty spot on from the looks of things, and I suspect they're gonna sell that thing by the truckload because of that, so good luck to them. Looking forward to seeing it on my desktop.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Same for me. These guys are just too slow to justify investing in them. Just see how long it takes them to iron out a few bugs of the AVROs in P3D. You can use it but it is no fun. I guess it would be a day or two of work for them.

I am quite sure, P3Dv4 will be out months before the QW787. The post of QW does not sound to me like it is just around the corner. July or August maybe. P3D won't make it this year. Where can I bet?

I'm fairly certain, you're right in that assessment

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I bought the 757 when it first came out and it became my 'go to' plane that I fly 95% of the time.

I bought the 146 when it came out just to see the difference in quality from the 757, but I am a Boeing fan so I don't fly it much, but it is a definite improvement quality wise.

Now to the 787...after watching this video...WOW!!! I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Jay

It looks very interesting. When it's released I'll see what the overall opinions are and, if they're good, I'll buy it.  I don't really care how long they take to finish it, they haven't taken a penny off me for it, so I don't feel that they owe me anything.  I have some good PMDG and FSLabs stuff to keep me more than busy at the moment.

• Upvote 1

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)