Sign in to follow this  
richzep

GNS 2.2 blank screen

RXP,

had some install errors come up - FYI.... Still no joy after installing the updated V2.2. I even uninstalled Reality XP software and reinstall, no joy. I reinstalled Garmin trainer, no joy. I did how ever find that with my P3D Garmin trainer version it does comes on, BUT not the Garmin GNS Trainer Lite software for Xplane. I was unable to turn on the trainer software. I think here is the problem. How can we fix this?

thanks!

Richard

had some install errors come up

can you please detail exactly what the errors were?

Also, can you please post the content of the "my documents\rxpGnsSim.dll.log" and "my documents\rxpGNS.xpl.log" files?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

17/02/21 02:09:02.606 04828 -    ] # rxpGnsSim64.dll version 2.2.0.0
17/02/21 02:09:20.403 04828 ERROR] G530.1 process not ready: C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGnsSim32.dll
17/02/21 02:09:20.408 04828 ERROR] The specified module could not be found., code: 0000007e
17/02/21 02:10:35.550 04828 ERROR] G530.1 process not ready: C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGnsSim32.dll
17/02/21 02:10:35.556 04828 ERROR] The specified module could not be found., code: 0000007e

17/02/21 02:09:00.118 04828 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.2.0.0

install errors:  

ProgramData/RealityXP/rxpGnsSim32.dll

Move file failed code 2

system can not find the file specified

X-Plane 10/resources/plugins/rxpGNS/32/win.xpl

Move file failed code 2

system can not find the file specified

Ok I'll look into this and let you know.

In the meantime, I'm wondering if your anti-virus is not fighting against our product. What is your anti-virus program and can you white-list both rxpGnsSim32.dll and win.xpl (in the /32/ folder) ?

I'm thinking this is the root cause.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I will try to reinstall with the anti-virus program off now, have Eset

No joy... no install issues that time but still can not get the GNS530 to come on. Going to try one more thing real quick.

You'd need to deactivate when running XP11 as well, or white-list both files. I'll stay only a few minutes more to read you and we'll pursue tomorrow from there afterward.

OK - I believe the GNS trainer is the problem. I can not get it to come on in trainer mode outside of Xplane. if this does not come on it will not in Xplane.

This is normal, Trainer 3.3 is a special build and won't run by itself. The error as far as I see in the logs is anti-virus related most likely. what about disabling your AV and starting XP11 (after making sure the files are not quarantined). By the way, what does your AV log files show? Has it quarantined our product files?

ok, made sure Eset was not blocking them, it was at first blocking them but no longer, still no joy.

I have to reset activation key...  done.... still no joy, BLANK BLACK SCREEN...

Just updated to 2.2 and I can not power up the GNS, just shows black screen. Checked lighting. Version 2.1 was working fine and also updated GTN to 2.4 and that is working.

Problem is with both XP10 / XP11 and GNS530 / GNS430.

bluebell2, can you post the content of mydocuments\rxpGnsSim.dll.log and mydocuments\rxpGNS.xpl.log?

bluebell2, can you post the content of mydocuments\rxpGnsSim.dll.log and mydocuments\rxpGNS.xpl.log?

17/02/21 11:15:24.263 08260 -    ] # rxpGnsSim64.dll version 2.2.0.0

17/02/21 11:15:20.732 08260 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.2.0.0

These appear normal.

Just to be sure, are you trying this on stock aircraft, say the Baron 58? Is there any way you can try on XP10 Baron 58 / Cessna to compare?