Sign in to follow this  
richzep

GNS 2.2 blank screen

Having the same issue. As though the GNS is not powering up. Default 172/ B58 etc. Also have the same information in the logs. Same in XP10.

Thank you

Something worth trying out to cross check, when in the aircraft and the GNS is blank, what about going to the RXP GNS menu, unselecting the GNS to close it, then selecting it again to open it up?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Just to be sure, are you trying this on stock aircraft, say the Baron 58? Is there any way you can try on XP10 Baron 58 / Cessna to compare?

Tried it in the XP11 Baron 58 still the same.

Will go and check XP10 Baron 58 / Cessna now.

Something worth trying out to cross check, when in the aircraft and the GNS is blank, what about going to the RXP GNS menu, unselecting the GNS to close it, then selecting it again to open it up?

GNS pull down menu looks normal, I have GTN installed and that is working fine selecting different aircraft for GTN or GNS.

The GNS is just not powering up.

Ok, let just cross check another thing then: when in XP11 and the GNS window opened (and blank then) can you open task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC), look at the process list, and confirm you have the G530SIM.exe process running? If there, how many %cpu on average is it consuming?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Okay first tried out default aircraft  Baron and Cessna in XP10 and still GNS does not power up.

Ok, let just cross check another thing then: when in XP11 and the GNS window opened (and blank then) can you open task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC), look at the process list, and confirm you have the G530SIM.exe process running? If there, how many %cpu on average is it consuming?

G530SIM.exe is showing 0% to 0.1%

Ok this is good information. It shows the trainer process is basically 'idle'. In other words, it looks like the trainer process is stuck when trying to start at the operating system level. Something like Windows fails to start a process.

I'd very much like you to try something in addition then, this will require you installing a more advanced task manager. It is an official Microsoft tool and gives you more information and control on your process and machine:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer

If you agree to install and run process explorer, you'll be able to see more details in G530SIM.exe and what I'd need is you to double click on the process, then select the 'threads' tab to list all running threads in the G530SIM.exe process, and let me know about what is there. There should be a dozen or so threads running normally, I suspect there is only 1 or 2 in your case, maybe a screenshot if you can would be better for this.

On the pull-down menu I selected settings and change from terrain to TWAS and it came up with reboot which I clicked on but still the GNS shows as if no power on.

Thank you, this confirms it is stuck trying to boot up. One more thing to make sure I don't miss the essential: can you please validate C:\ProgramData\RealityXP\rxpGnsSim32.dll and rxpGnsSim64.dll both have version 2.2 (right click / properties / details) and that both XPlane\Resources\Plugin\rxpGNS\32\win.xpl and \64\win.wpl both have version 2.2 as well?

NB: for the win.xpl, you might temporary rename the files to .dll for the properties to work, or, you can configure windows to treat the .xpl as .dll (which they are) in doing this:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/496946-reality-xp-gtn-touch-v222-update/?hl=%2Bxpl#entry3501079

Ok I think I've identified the bug: the installer is supposed to create a folder but it does not.

Please try the following, create an empty folder there:

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GNS Trainer Data\GNS

Then start XP11 again.

In the meantime, I'm reviewing the installer code for why does it fail to create this folder automatically during installation.

Bingo. That works (Creating the GNS Tainer Data Folder). Now have the GNS up and running.

Thanks

Curious why the Database cycle is 09?