Sign in to follow this  
Christian Bahr

LINDA and P3D v4 64-Bit

P3Dv4 and FSUIPC5 5.10 are now available and the good news is that LINDA partially work with the new set up. Please follow the discussion under LINDA Support

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Update: I am working on the communication interface issue between LINDA and FSUIPC5 which is currently broken. For the programmers among you it is all to do with 32/64-bit pointer issues. I have successfully got LINDA to compile in 64-bit but further work is required.

As an aside, it has been reported and I have confirmed that FSUIPC5 only recognises one Saitek Throttle Quadrant if 2 are fitted.

• Upvote 2

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Who would have thought that this would be associated with so much effort. At the moment, a lot of developers are busy to get a good connection of their addons to P3DV4.

I look forward to your new LINDA version and think that the effort you will be doing will make many users happy :smile:

Keep going!

For a sophisticated flight simulation
www.bahrometrix.de

Guenter and Scott- LINDA is indispensable for me.  Thanks for your efforts!!  I would ask that the ability to run dual platform (32 & 64) be considered please.  Thanks again for all you do for us simmers!

Carl

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

There is a good possibility that LINDA will run with both 32-bit and 64-bit flight sims. However, as LINDA is installed in the respective Flt Sim modules folder, separate 32-bit and 64-bit compatible versions would work equally well.

• Upvote 2

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Scott- I am staying abreast here and in Pete's forum, and reading all your discussions with great interest and appreciation.  LINDA is a MUST HAVE for me, and I appreciate all your and Guensli's work.  I have donated a couple of times, and plan on doing so again, with the v64 integration.

Best- Carl

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Hopefully. I would ask for a little time to get it right. There are issues with FSUIPC5 which we are working on.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi ScotFlieger.

Short feedback

So, after the new FSUIPC5_Test has come out, LINDA works again. Just as you are accustomed to. I would like to thank you very much for this. Now I can finally "fly" the new Sim with my usual functions ...

Best regards
Christian

www.bahrometrix.de

7 minutes ago, Christian Bahr said:

Hi ScotFlieger.

Short feedback

So, after the new FSUIPC5_Test has come out, LINDA works again. Just as you are accustomed to. I would like to thank you very much for this. Now I can finally "fly" the new Sim with my usual functions ...

Best regards
Christian

Thanks Christian. FSUIPC5_test was for fault finding only and will not appear in the beta or final release. Ensure you edit ipcReady.lua to remove any reference to that file. New install will overwrite ipcReady.lua anyway.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

In the ipcReady.lua file i dont have a reference to FSUIPC5. Here ist the text inside my ipcReady.lua file:

linda_modul.jpg

I understand correctly that I do not need the test version of fsuipc5 to bring LINDA to work? I will try it out later!

www.bahrometrix.de

Your ipcReady.lua is correct. You will need the latest beta version of FSUIPC5 5.101j (contains only new FSUIPC5.dll). Expect a full installable release next week (5.102). 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Second 64-bit beta of LINDA 3.0.0 (648) now available under LINDA Downloads.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Am I reading this correctly from the FSUIPC site:

2.       VRInsight original serial port device support is implemented and should be workng, but needs testing (I have no VRi gear)

So does this mean that LINDA 3.0.0 (648) is likely to work on the VRInsight MCP II as it does in P3D v3 ?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Mark

That is is history. The problem was solved today.

If you use the latest FSUIPC5 test release 5.101j with LINDA 3.0.0 beta 648 then it will work with the MCP panels. Please read what I have written in the release notes.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK