Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

Airline "Pen and Paper" style

Hey Pilots!

I know there are some great Airline Sims out there, like Airhauler 1+2, FsPassengers, FSEconomy..... and so on. I flew all of them. But what I didnt tried so far is, creating my own Airline without a predefined programm or website. So to say, the absolute fantasy airline. But I want it to be as real as possible, meaning I define a Budget for start, look what a used plane costs, look for actual fuel prices, log my flight time and if a part gets broken or I have to refill fluids etc...  (with A2A aircrafts for example) I will look what it costs in real life and add it to the bill. 

I will start a little local "airline" at Juneau PAJN with a C182 (A2A) and do some Pax and Cargo flights....

Why do I tell you this you ask? Because I want to hear if you guys have tips and hints for me... Maybe you have done this already, or you know where to get fuel prices and infos to maintenance prices and so on.... tell me what comes to your mind :smile:

Thanks 

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Can't guarantee compatibility with all the A2A bells and whistles, but your requirements are kind of what I had in mind when I made MITool (minus absolute realism). Still, since flexibility was another goal, you can work the costs and benfits to suit your needs.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/471960-mit-maintenance-and-income-tool-freeware-fspax-airhauler-fse-alike/

• Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Mmmm, I'll have to give this some thought. I also write history books and also roleplaying games, using dice, which often simulate real world situations and processes.

For anyone interested the games (mainly but not just) are science fiction or historical are found at Zozer Games: http://www.paulelliottbooks.com/zozergames.html

In the past I wrote an AV-8 combat game using dice, where the players were US Marine pilots in a Balkan War. In another you played the part of a Hercules pilot conducting airdrops and supply landings to bases and outposts in South Vietnam. This was before I discovered flight simulation!

Can't guarantee compatibility with all the A2A bells and whistles, but your requirements are kind of what I had in mind when I made MITool (minus absolute realism). Still, since flexibility was another goal, you can work the costs and benfits to suit your needs.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/471960-mit-maintenance-and-income-tool-freeware-fspax-airhauler-fse-alike/

Wow, your tool is very on point of my expectations! I trie it definately! Do you still work on it?

In the meantime I tried to find all this informations, but this is too much work I think. Your tool will help me regarding costs and so on... because of the A2A failures I have a question: I would turn off your failure system, but if I have a failure via A2A, is it possible to "reverse cheat" my money? I will research the cost, for example for a sparkplug and change my money inside your tool.

Hope it is understandable what I mean :-D

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Wow, your tool is very on point of my expectations! I trie it definately! Do you still work on it?

In the meantime I tried to find all this informations, but this is too much work I think. Your tool will help me regarding costs and so on... because of the A2A failures I have a question: I would turn off your failure system, but if I have a failure via A2A, is it possible to "reverse cheat" my money? I will research the cost, for example for a sparkplug and change my money inside your tool.

Hope it is understandable what I mean :-D

Yep, I still work on it (if I have time), but there are limitations. For one, I can't access any airplane-specific code or variables either because of technical incompatibility or because it would violate the "universally applicable" rule. That's why you most likely won't be able to use the failure system to its full potential in A2A aircraft.

You can scale failure rates back to zero, essentially turning off the system (never tried it myself though). Repair cost can also be scaled. And save files can be edited since they're stored as plain text files. You just need to find the appropriate lines to edit (but there's a reference file for that).

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days