Sign in to follow this  
Henrique Santos

Thomas Ruth A310

Hello!

First I would like to say that although this is my first post, I´ve been reading Avsim forums since I became interested in flight simulation. Always a big help.

Now the reason for the post. I fly most of the times the Wilco ERJ 145 or the BBS Airbus family out of LPPT, but one of the aircraft that I always wanted is the A310. I know that there is nothing worthy for most of you, but for me the Thomas Ruth is the one, because he is literally the only one and for a free bird, I think it is quite amazing.

Upgraded with ISG gauges, so basic fmc, tcas and Lnav working but the thing that seems to bring down the fun for me is that the aircraft seems to be overpowered. It´s faster than a fighter jet, Is it possible for me to work this? Does anyone made tweaks to be more realistic that could share?

Thank´s in advance - Henrique Santos

What exact download are you using?  From the Library here or somewhere else?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

You could play around with the numbers in the turbineenginedata section of the aircraft.cfg file.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/cc526949.aspx

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Just doing a quick comparison between the default A-321 and this A310, the engine thrust difference is incredible.

default A-321 has 33,000 lbs. compared to the A-310 at 57,000 lbs.  Holy Stromboli! :wink:

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Aerosoft has an a310 payware. Haven't flown it so can't comment any further.

Ask google.

Luke Pype

A quick google does indeed put the a310 in the 50000lb + thrust bracket PER ENGINE! Although the 310 isn't that much bigger than the 321 it does appear to have a massive power advantage.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Since it's normal for this type of aircraft to have that much thrust, it would be my opinion not to make any changes

to the aircraft performance but to be a little more gentle with the thrust levers.  It shouldn't take more than 85% N1

for takeoff under normal conditions and full passenger load.  Even in the under powered aircraft like the A-321

and 737-800, I use no more than 92% N1 for takeoff.  Make good use of the autothrottle and A/P while flying at

cruise altitude.

Charlie Aron

Thank´s for the feedback, and will take in account the opinions.

I knew it was "naturally"overpowered but it seems a litlle difficult to have a widebody climbing to fl360 in less then 15m not using more than 73% of thrust. But maybe I´m wrong.

PS: since I installed ISG gauges, to Climb I must have a speed of 450kn and to Cruise at Mach 0.8 I have to select around 465. It doesn´t seems to correct. This speeds match the fmc speeds. Do I have to change something? Any ISG options?

Thank´s for the Help

You can try to merge the flight dynamics of the HNAC A310 (in the library at AVSIM or Flightsim) with Tom's model as long as you remember to keep the contact point, light, effect, smoke, avionics , autopilot and exit sections of the aircraft.cfg.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days