Sign in to follow this  
spokes2112

RTWR 2017 Pireps

If you got em, post em here.

Got sidetracked while doing video editing for an upcoming pirep. Not necessarily a pirep but a Google Earth .kmz file that is an overview of every official flight made by Team AVSIM.

• Uses alternate colors each leg for easy differentiating - Green (baton) / Yellow (wing) to Red (baton) / Blue (wing) & finally Pink for a flight that was aborted for any reason where a new flight took over.
  • This is completely different than any of the other provided Google Earth "type" Duenna reports where the data points ( around 100,000 of them! ) are taken from the Duenna site created .kml files. Each point is just a few seconds apart, so even if you sneezed it will show up. :shok: There were some very cool approaches made!
  • Includes Duenna output .jpeg, beginning race post & duenna tracking page links.
  • In Google Earth use the eyepoint widget to get a side view showing the altitude points clearly, or even better, right click on a flight entry/path and select "Show Elevation Profile".
  • The .kmz file will open up in Plan-G & Little Navmap but it is flattened giving no elevation information. :Hmmmph:  Use Google Earth instead.
Get it here!

Pleasure flying with you gents.

Looking at all the data, boy did we get lucky! Almost all (except 2) of the crashes/sim crashes etc.. happened to wingmen!

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Wow. Check out the flights into Guatemala City where Jock and DC demonstrated their patented "landing by Braille" technique. Looks like a precision approach and a landing as "smooth as butter."

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

I like DC's "staircase" descent into SPCL (leg 24B). I would've gotten sick doing something like that. The last time I saw something that tightly wound it was left in the backyard by the dog!  

While working on a mini pirep for '18 I found all this stuff from the '17 race. There's videos, screenies & .jfs files (JoinFS recordings).
Looks like real world life got in the way and a full pirep was never finished. :blush: Plus... After the 3rd leg (except final) or so I forgot to record things. :nangis:
Don't be thinking that I will finish it. :ph34r: - I can't even remember what happened yesterday! :blink::huh: 

Browse and view as wanted here --> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dacr1is0fstywcz/AABe7FRTzDrBCT4TA1iFodosa?dl=0