Sign in to follow this  
AanikGaming

PMDG MD11 broken in FSX:SE

Recently I attempted to install the PMDG MD11 to find that it gave me a fatal error. I installed the update the is on the PMDG website and it deleted my textures folder forcing me to reinstall it. Can anyone help?

Sincerely,

Aanik P.

I would suggest opening a ticket with PMDG describing your issues. I believe this is something they may have seen in the past and they would be far better able to assist than us out here.

You can register for support and create your ticket using this link.

-Greg

I would suggest opening a ticket with PMDG describing your issues. I believe this is something they may have seen in the past and they would be far better able to assist than us out here.

You can register for support and create your ticket using this link.

-Greg

I'm pretty sure they no longer support the MD11. I could be wrong?

I'm pretty sure they no longer support the MD11. I could be wrong?

You are correct but I have seen other people and other posts that say that they have successfully managed to make it work. 

Hi,
IIRC they do not support MD-11 for FSX:SE so you can try post it at PMDG MD11 forum.

Cheers

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

It definitely does work in FSX-SE. However I have the boxed Aerosoft edition that came pre-patched to the final version so I can't say for sure how original PMDG downloaded installers work with FSX-SE.

Recently I attempted to install the PMDG MD11 to find that it gave me a fatal error. I installed the update the is on the PMDG website and it deleted my textures folder forcing me to reinstall it. Can anyone help?

You need to look through the PMDG MD-11 Forum.  However a couple of things: If you have a dual install of FSX Box & FSX  Steam, you will have more installation problems, because in that situation FSX Steam names some important folders & files differently, and the MD-11 (pre-Steam) installer isn't designed to recognize them.  If you have a single, Steam install with no remnants of FSX Box in the registry, you should have fewer problems.  If you look in C:\Users\[Your Name]\Appdata\Microsoft and see a folder called FSX-SE then you have a dual install (or at least the Steam installer calculated that you have a dual install).

You also need to install the three "legacy" Simconnect dlls.  The installers are located in a subfolder of FSX\SDK.  Without these most older payware aircraft won't work.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

You need to look through the PMDG MD-11 Forum.  However a couple of things: If you have a dual install of FSX Box & FSX  Steam, you will have more installation problems, because in that situation FSX Steam names some important folders & files differently, and the MD-11 (pre-Steam) installer isn't designed to recognize them.  If you have a single, Steam install with no remnants of FSX Box in the registry, you should have fewer problems.  If you look in C:\Users\[Your Name]\Appdata\Microsoft and see a folder called FSX-SE then you have a dual install (or at least the Steam installer calculated that you have a dual install).

You also need to install the three "legacy" Simconnect dlls.  The installers are located in a subfolder of FSX\SDK.  Without these most older payware aircraft won't work.

Mike

Thanks Mike!

I will attempt this once I can find the legacy simconnect item.

I will attempt this once I can find the legacy simconnect item.

Hi AanikGaming,

I wasn't at my FS computer yesterday.  This is the folder you are looking for in FSX Steam:

...\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces

In it you will see three subfolders.  Go into each one in turn and click on "Simconnect.msi". 

I have never seen a report of this  causing any issues w/ FSX.

I suggest you try this first -- at best you will have a working MD-11, if not you will need to address other issues as well. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Technically you are violating the EULA by putting it on either FSX-SE and/or P3D. The EULA also does not go away once PMDG ended support. Just saying.

Technically you are violating the EULA by putting it on either FSX-SE and/or P3D. The EULA also does not go away once PMDG ended support. Just saying.

That's what we called love. People violate rules because of love.

Sorry I'd do the same too but just want to say that I have special attraction with Tri-Jets (DC10/MD11/L1011/727) but only MD-11 is well-done by PMDG, and one of the main reason I am sticking with FSX(SE) is because of MD-11.

I have been looking for box version of PMDG-11 for FSX but the lowest price I can find is around $200 which is insane! I was away from simulator for around 2-3 years and when I come back I was surprised that PMDG does not sell this product anymore, little bit shock.

Trying to keep it with us as much as we could.

Hoang Le

• Like 1

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Where or when did PMDG ever say that the MD-11 cannot be used in FSX Steam?  They  no longer support this aircraft, but I don't know of any place they have stated that it can't be used in FSX Steam.  When Steam came out, they quickly adapted the NGX annd the 777 to work in Steam and of course the new 747 is designed to  work in Steam.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

FSX Steam is FSX. Go ahead and use the MD-11 in it. Don't let EULA warriors frighten you.

So it is not supported fine, but notice they posted this in the main forum not the pmdg support forum. thanks.

There are numerous threads in the PMDG Legacy MD-11 forum where installing the MD-11 into FSX-SE is discussed.  In these threads the PMDG moderators were active in discussing the installation. 

blaustern

• Upvote 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam