Sign in to follow this  
kdfw__

744qs2 + fsl spotlights = fabulous

the state of the art in vc night lighting enjoyed on the FSL A320 can be translated to the mighty QotS2--volumetric spot light projection with perfect color blending really improves what we see on the QotS2:

best to watch in full screen in HD.

the old .bmp based light maps don't hold up against the FSL spotlights and it sure adds to the immersion of the sim.  

that said, i wish PMDG could license the spotlights or offer a mdl that allows the use of the spotlights using the FSL API so the knowbs/buttons drive these cool lights.  kind of like taking advantage of active sky's WXR gauge and integrating to the ND...

On a separate topic, i guess i can now send the old fs9 PMDG744 to the boneyard.  

• Upvote 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Guest Mik75

Very nice!

I like this a lot!

Color- and placing wise, you just nailed it (for my eyes)!

Do you mind sharing your setting? (PM)

Thanks a lot in advance!

Spotlights does not support FSX Full Screen mode that leaves a lot of flight simmers without support - David Lee

Simply use a Pseudo Fullscreen instead. I tried and that works perfectly with Spot Lights.

(Google for FSX Pseudo Fullscreen and you should find something.)

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Simply use a Pseudo Fullscreen instead. I tried and that works perfectly with Spot Lights.

(Google for FSX Pseudo Fullscreen and you should find something.)

I do not like windowed mode. - David Lee

Yes and the Pseudo Fullscreen removes everything that looks like the windows ;)

Basically what it does is to remove the bar above the program (with the FSX text on it and where you can minimise, close, etc.) and the taskbar when the simulator is focussed.

So you see it exactly like if it would be fullscreen, just that you can still drag stuff on top of your windows, etc.
Very usefull on longhauls!

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Looks awesome Patrick!

Would you consider sending a fellow KDFW'r your spotlights config for the Queen?  You may get a beta copy of a few freighters I'm painting in exchange.  :wink:

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

the spotlights work in full screen in fsx.  just the control panel has to be operated in the window mode.  matter of alt-enter.

so almost done with the settings, 20 lights used to cover this vc, including light reflection under the glare shield and light bouncing off objects facing the lighted panel like the control column and seats.    

click on image below and scroll thru.

744vc0.jpg

744vc1.jpg

744vc3.jpg744vc4.jpg

• Upvote 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS