Sign in to follow this  
David_MC

Muskogee, OK to Poteau, OK

Took my new A2A Piper Cherokee (courtesy of the IRS) on a short hop from Davis Field (KMKO) in Muskogee, Oklahoma to Robert S. Kerr Airport (KRKR) in Poteau, Oklahoma.  Taking in the views of the rivers and mountains that make up Eastern Oklahoma.

Departing KMKO

View of the Arkansas River

Front view of this beautiful aircraft

Interstate 40

Where the Arkansas and Canadian Rivers meet with Robert S. Kerr Reservoir in the distance.

Approaching Poteau and the Ouachita Mountains

Cavanal Mountain

Turning onto Final

Short Final

Parked and Tied Down with Cavanal Mountain in the background.

It's a nice area to fly around, the Arkansas River Valley!  Lived there all my life, between the Ozarks and the Ouachitas.  One cool little note about a couple of your screenshots:  Cavanal Mountain is actually technically a hill... but not just ANY ol' hill.  It's the tallest hill in the world!  From the link:  "Cavanal Hill is boasted as the world's highest hill at 1,999 ft above the surrounding terrain."  Apparently, 2,000 ft or higher above surrounding terrain and it'd be promoted, but no such luck for our little big hill :)

Very nice shots!  I fly around here in the sim ALL the time!

Great looking screenshots of beautiful Oklahoma!

HLJAMES