Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

XPL "Enriched autogen"

Anyone tried this? Dropbox link in the text. The author makes some valid points regarding the use of Orthophotos.

• Upvote 1

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

It looks very good and it's great to see people using W2XP as I had intended. However, I didn't manage to sit through the video (I skipped through it) because the robotic voice drove me crazy :)

• Upvote 3

Guest Mik75

XP11's lighting is so good. And its default scenery also looks extremely nice, especially with ground shadows turned on.

With future versions of XP11 bringing further improvements on performance and variety of autogen, this sim will definitely assert its lead role when it comes to realistic visuals.

If using W2XP and the Enriched Autogen do you also have to use the Ortho Overlays?

Thanks,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

nice! thanks for info.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Great work! Many Thanks for the info! :Party:   

The holy grail of scenery generation and it gets only 7 comments. Could anybody post his Ortho4XP settings. Thanks in advance!

He's not using ortho photos, it's just default scenery with some extra objects added using W2XP.

Are you missing a lot if you don't use the Ortho Overlays?

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

I quote from the manual: 

"1. Please ensure that a „enriched autogen“ scenery is already available for the area you want to fly in. 2. Use Ortho4XP to generate its so called overlays of the tiles of your desire (y-folder). In Ortho4XP select the global scenery folder of X-Plane 11 as source folder. In actual versions of Ortho4XP you can use batch processing if you want to generate a larger amount of tiles. I do not use regular orthophoto tiles anymore (meanwhile I prefer X-Planes default textures), so this y-folder is the only one you will need. If you use batch processing, just check „built overlays“. Leave the other options unchecked. 3. When Ortho4XP has finished its overlay generation process, place the y-folder (it is called „yOrtho4XP_overlays“) in custom scenery folder of XPlane. "

I`m not sure about the settings of Ortho4XP. I did start a batch processing and have to wait now. Hopefully it works.

Its great, I only wonder one thing: Why re-generate autogen into its own layer if X-Plane 11 already comes with that? Why not just have the actual additional objects as "enhanced Overlay Scenery"?

So we do need to process it in Ortho4XP? That's a shame, not really interested in orthos.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

AnsorgJ, on 24 Feb 2017 - 12:18 AM, said:

Its great, I only wonder one thing: Why re-generate autogen into its own layer if X-Plane 11 already comes with that? Why not just have the actual additional objects as "enhanced Overlay Scenery"?

because the enriched layer alone does not have the houses/trees/road autogen and my understanding is the enriched scenery overlay alone will suppress default autogen and that is without having any ortho. So the Y layer from Ortho is to get back the default xp autogen (houses/trees/roads)

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM