After many years I'm at the verge of saying goodbye to my faithful i7-920 which is accompanied by a GeForce 660ti.

I'm looking into getting an i5-7600k or perhaps the AMD Ryzen (waiting for experience reports on the latter one). Biggest question right now is which graphics card to get.

I don't play any games other than P3D though I don't want to rule out installing XP11 one day.

If money weren't an object I would go for the highest possible but unfortunately money is quite the limiting factor.

In my country the GTX 1070 is roughly €150-€200 (which equates to roughly the same numbers in USD) more expensive than a GTX 1060.

If I'm convinced the 1070 will be worth the additional investment, I'll just continue a bit longer with saving up money. But I really have my doubts of it is...

Any insights or opinions on this? Should I continue to save money or will a GTX1060 be the right companion for an i5-7600k / Ryzen?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Frank

EDIT: I'm running a Dell 2560x1440 (2K) screen. I have no plans on replacing that one (it's actually still very new).

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

I think the first question I would ask would be.......will you be using a single monitor @ 1920x1080 resolution, or multiple monitors/single monitor at 4K resolution?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I think the first question I would ask would be.......will you be using a single monitor @ 1920x1080 resolution, or multiple monitors/single monitor at 4K resolution?

You're right. I forgot to mention I use a 25 inch 2K (2560x1440) Dell monitor.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

You're right. I forgot to mention I use a 25 inch 2K (2560x1440) Dell monitor.

At that res...you need at least a 1070. It will give you head room.