Sign in to follow this  
Alberto Zanot

Default 747 liveries - Where can i find...? Please help.

Hello everybody!

I am looking for some "HD" liveries for the default 747, by HD i mean at least 2048x2048 px textures.

I searched a lot, no success.

Can anyone help me? 

Thanks a lot!

have you tried searching the avsim library for "default 747"? I get 267 files. They might not be high quality and that might be due to the way the default aircraft is modeled. You would have better luck using a Posky airplane and merging the default 747. or buying the pmdg old 747 boxed somewhere if you do not have the money or latest computer for the latest 747

The paintkit for the B737 & B747 can be found in the SDK and the reason that any repaints found are 1024 is that that is the size in the paintkit . Resizing to 2048 is possible but it just makes the texture files themselves much larger ( 1.33Mb becomes 4Mb - per texture sheet ) . Using larger texture files also means having to edit the FSX.cfg , otherwise they will not be utilised and also every time you make any changes to settings in FSX you then have to edit the FSX.cfg again as well .

EDIT : Just to add that the default FSX aircraft are well known for a lack of detail , lots of " mirrored " textures making realistic repaints less likely as seen by the fact that there are not many repaints available . As mentioned earlier you will have more luck with some of the FREEware 747's .

John