Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

Ortho4XP Stuck batch processes, a way to resume?

Often times when i'm running a batch process on a large number of tiles it gets stuck.. the command line window might show a connection error or similar and the GUI would be on say tile 15 of 200 or 10 of 30 etc and just stuck..

I'm guessing there is no way to get around it, but it would be nice if there was a way to at least stop the process and redo it without the need to go through and click on all the tiles again?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I think if u close and restart it ,select the same tiles again it knows how much has been completed..it won't redownload it again..it maintains a temp folder for tiles that have been downloaded...

If the tiles folder is linked up to X-Plane then when you open the batch selector, it will colour the ones you already have and won't redownload all the images if it's already been done. However I think the OP is saying that he needs to reselect all the tiles he wants to generate again after it hangs, and I don't think it can do this

Ive been trying to get Ortho4XP to DL but it keeps hanging on some scenery - timeouts that never end.  The one time it DID finish all the tiles I wanted (only about 6) it failed to build the overlay folder.  Any idea what I screwed up?

If the tiles folder is linked up to X-Plane then when you open the batch selector, it will colour the ones you already have and won't redownload all the images if it's already been done. However I think the OP is saying that he needs to reselect all the tiles he wants to generate again after it hangs, and I don't think it can do this

Yeah basically thats what i'm saying.. id like to avoid the occasional situation where i enthusiastically selected 200, then the job hangs partway.. and now have to go through and select ones not already selected.

Another question i had was on the tiles and the ZL levels.. is there some way graphically to tell which tiles are which ZL?  For instance, i may have 10 at ZL17/18 and a bunch more at ZL16/17.. it would be nice to see quickly which were the 17/18's for those i am going back through and lowering/redoing a bunch to save space at ZL16/17.. for now rather than digging through the folders i'm just randomly selecting tiles and letting it redo them (without knowing which are which).

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Ive been trying to get Ortho4XP to DL but it keeps hanging on some scenery - timeouts that never end.  The one time it DID finish all the tiles I wanted (only about 6) it failed to build the overlay folder.  Any idea what I screwed up?

I can dropbox you a link if you can't get it...let me know

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I had this download problem when i first tried. I had to stop the download and start again later. Maybe something related to the traffic to the ortho downloads, I don't really know. I started downloading everything in 16 zoom level and get great results from BI or OSM selection. I am thinking about posting some height altitude shots over at the org showing what the 16 lvl looks like. I find that its actually a great level and low disk space. 500meg to 2gig for each tile instead of 6-7gig for the 18 zoom level I was getting. At 2,000 feet 16 level looks the same as the 18 level to me.

But yeah back to original post. I had to stop and restart once or twice to get it going.

Anyone with X-plane that's not trying out ortho is missing one of the best things to happen to flight simming since 3-D cockpits. :dance:

• Upvote 1