Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

'Big news' incoming at AirDailyX today

I had already indicated where they were but since you don't want to seem to find them, here, let me help! Feb 3rd post entitled "Because There's More To FS Than 747's..."

And how did you get from someone at least partially disputing your claim that "he is very friendly with PMDGs owner" to "Is no one allowed to speak ill of the great PMDG?" That's quite a leap in logic.

First off if you've ever written a term paper if you cite a reference YOU need to provide it since i dont know what you're referencing. Or provide the link like i just did below.

http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2017/2/3/gnrl2w7feemj8j9axdrh2yqof7sg4z#commenting=

Just read it myself. Said he will cover their stuff but not review. And he bought it as well and loves it. The disagreement between him and pmdg sounds like personal and only speculation to us.

My leap was hypothetical because the point was "who cares". I knew They were friendly in the past and something happened. Big deal. He'll still post releases by them. Still buy their products. Just wont get the full review. Big whoop. There a million reviews of the 747v3.

I love my NGX but there is A LOT more to FS than PMDG. A lot.

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I didn't realize people were still spending money on 32-bit flight sim addons with the big 64-bit anticipation around the corner and no definite answer on compatibility <crickets>. But wait you say! You can upgrade for only $10 more! I can see it coming now... :p0307:

• Upvote 1

And here I was hoping for an update on that Bizjet he mentioned ages ago....

• Upvote 2

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

And here I was dreaming of zipping around in the Milviz Kingair. :fool:  Fool me once!

Maybe Lockheed-Martin is trying a 'silent release'?

Simply just making it available without any announcement - and see how long it takes...  :lol:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I didn't realize people were still spending money on 32-bit flight sim addons with the big 64-bit anticipation around the corner and no definite answer on compatibility <crickets>. But wait you say! You can upgrade for only $10 more! I can see it coming now... :p0307:

Maybe not everyone wants to go the 'Search for the Holy Grail ' 64bit route? There are some of us that do not have the energy, inclination nor finances for that, & are happy with what they have.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Wow, is this witch-hunt now going to happen with every 'Big News' announcement until P3Dv4 is released? Just because some devs got their hands on v4 doesnt mean its release is imminent. Take a deep breath people, i doubt that we will see v4 any time before summer/fall 2017.  

And, while i understand that some people might not be much interested in LOWI, the quality of this scenery blows everything out of the water. This is one of the most beautiful and detailed sceneries ever made, and its coming closer to completion. Thats quite some big news if you ask me...

Wow, is this witch-hunt now going to happen with every 'Big News' announcement until P3Dv4 is released? Just because some devs got their hands on v4 doesnt mean its release is imminent. Take a deep breath people, i doubt that we will see v4 any time before summer/fall 2017.

Very true! I know a developer that has been working on a 64bit P3D for about a year now. This particular company also devs for the pro versions of P3D as well!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

woozie, on 23 Feb 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

is this witch-hunt now going to happen with every 'Big News' announcement until P3Dv4 is released

Probably. But not by me. No sir :ph34r:

I'll just sip my drink and read trash mags quietly in the corner.

Probably. But not by me. No sir :ph34r:

I'll just sip my drink and read trash mags quietly in the corner.

Haha, not blaming you at all :) But for any future announcements, keep in mind that people might quit their job or force their divorce in anticipation of an imminent 64bit P3D release ;)

• Upvote 1

AirDaily X is an excellent news site -and actually Innsbruck is a relatively exciting release. The timing is just unfortunate

Sorry, but "relatively exiting" and "Big News!" just don't match up.

The way he treats critical voices in the comments, unfortunately moved Adx a few places down on the list for me.

• Upvote 3

Come on guys, it's obvious that any blogger would try to get more clicks/visits during a week of 'rumours' by announcing 'big news coming later'. For die hard LOWI fans, it was big news :wink: . Just standard practice to drive traffic.

• Upvote 1

Wow so much criticism here for a news site. Anyone who has been around on the Internet long enough will know how these things work. Even PMDG and ORBX have announcements of announcements (I love these), and lots of sites use the click-bait (Breaking News), it's nothing new.

I'm not amazingly excited about LOWI. The screenshots looks incredble, no doubt, but when it has been released a few times before by other developers then I think it loses a lot of the appeal. I like ORBX's airfield choices (they generally choose interesting places that aren't covered), but LOWI wasn't one of them.

• Upvote 1

An ORBx announcement of EINN Shannon is the kind of BIG news that I would like to see :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Even PMDG and ORBX have announcements of announcements (I love these),

Yes, but you just know in advance they'll probably announce a new version or product of their own. Not a new sim or some other general "Big news!" ;)

Yes, all media live out of exaggerated (and often quite misleading) headlines. But we are all allowed to have an opinion about it. And we don't have to like it.