Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

'Big news' incoming at AirDailyX today

I like ORBX's airfield choices (they generally choose interesting places that aren't covered), but LOWI wasn't one of them.

I'm pretty sure a LOT of people have a different opinion here. Innsbruck is one of the most scenic airports in Europe with one of the most challenging (and fun) approaches in the world. It is good for airliner and GA flying. And as far as I can tell from the screenshots, this is the most detailed airport rendition ever created for any flightsim. So everything is set for a lot of fun... (and it will even be compatible with P3Dv4)

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Typical Hype site....strong call to actions but less details...all about clicks....

• Upvote 2

I'm pretty sure a LOT of people have a different opinion here. Innsbruck is one of the most scenic airports in Europe with one of the most challenging (and fun) approaches in the world

I accept that, it's just my opinion. I've flown into Innsbruck in real-life several times and never really thought it was something special, but that's just me.

Today is now tomorrow. Anyone heard the Big News?

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Today is now tomorrow. Anyone heard the Big News?

Ray

The Just Flight Arrow was released.  Not a little thing...the first real quality 1970s or later GA released in a long...long...long time.  But I suspect that the big news was supposed to be Innsbruck (which would be big if it was released).

I'm hoping you're going to review that Arrow!

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The Just Flight Arrow was released.  Not a little thing...the first real quality 1970s or later GA released in a long...long...long time.  But I suspect that the big news was supposed to be Innsbruck (which would be big if it was released).

I'm hoping you're going to review that Arrow!

So, the best that a 7 page thread can come up with is the Milk Stool from Alabeo, a JustFlight Arrow, and a non-event for an airport in Austria. Oh my, how low can it go?

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

D'Andre addressed this:  I'll just leave this here.  http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2017/2/22/uh-oh-editors-note#commenting=

Again:

Defaming someone because his tweet was misinterpreted by the community is not HIS fault.  Its YOUR fault.

And by the way I saw the offending tweet.  It in no way leads me to believe some life changing announcement is coming.  It was his typical "hey something is incoming for release" type message.  Again YOU misinterpreted.

• Upvote 2

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Rumour, it is blogged,  has it that there will be a name change from P3D to P4D. but LM is not prepar3d to comment, and a 128bit version is on the cards for their pro clients.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Just leave it be people.  This thread should be locked.

• Upvote 2

And by the way I saw the offending tweet. It in no way leads me to believe some life changing announcement is coming. It was his typical "hey something is incoming for release" type message. Again YOU misinterpreted.

Yeah, a bit of overreaction, I think.  I can't fathom how people would think it would be about P3D 64.  D'Andre is a pretty enthusiastic guy...which is good.  He get's pretty excited about new releases in general.  I'm honestly surprised people are knocking him for their own expectations.  He's a good guy...let it be that.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Just leave it be people.  This thread should be locked.

ErichB, just having a bit of tongue-in-cheek fun with like-minded people about 'big news'. :dance: 

It's not really offending people or products, is it? :Whistle: 

Why should it be locked?   :unknw: 

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

ErichB, just having a bit of tongue-in-cheek fun with like-minded people about 'big news'. :dance:

It's not really offending people or products, is it? :Whistle:

Why should it be locked?   :unknw:

I don't think soiling the reputation of a legit FS blogger is "good fun" especially when it was ErichB who accidentally misinterpreted the tweet in question.  ErichB feels bad and learned a valuable lesson about rumors.  Unfortunately many took it as an opportunity to bash a certain FS news blogger. 

• Upvote 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Wobbie, on 23 Feb 2017 - 1:23 PM, said:

Wobbie, on 23 Feb 2017 - 1:23 PM, said:

Why should it be locked?

Because it has morphed from something well intended into an unfortunate attack on AirDaily which is/was not the point. - even if I grossly misinterpreted the newsfeed - it was my mistinterpretation, not the Tweeter at fault. I'm sure his tweet was equally well intended.

• Upvote 1

I don't think soiling the reputation of a legit FS blogger is "good fun" especially when it was ErichB who accidentally misinterpreted the tweet in question. ErichB feels bad and learned a valuable lesson about rumors. Unfortunately many took it as an opportunity to bash a certain FS news blogger.

Sorry, I thought that, after 100 or so posts, we have moved on, as all has been explained about misinterpreted tweets.

It was not my intention, or inclination to bash anyone, blogger or not, but just to have a bit of light hearted fun about some future simulation release,  that we know nothing about (as yet), but which we highly anticipate & speculate on. So, THAT was my interpretation of having a bit of fun.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...