Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

'Big news' incoming at AirDailyX today

Sorry, Chris, I tried! :lol:  :LMAO:  :give_rose: 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

many took it as an opportunity to bash a certain FS news blogger.

Yeah, poor guy.  Mean people at AVSIM picking on him.

Seriously, this guy enjoys being who he is on his own site.  He's totally unapologetic, doesn't care if he hacks you off, and so if people want to bash him, well, sorry, he reaps what he sows.

But in the interest of fairness, let me offer my short review on the man that likes to review everybody else:

Does he offer a good free service to the community?  Well, he does.  Few would argue otherwise. He is probably more diligent than most, and tries hard to fill his blog with posts with news.  And has a good group of frequent readers there that help by sending in timely news tips.  But to his credit, he keeps up with it.  As a result, most of the time, he reports things before others.

Are you getting quality journalism?  Please, fergawdsakes no.  Dude cannot even spell.  Once a week I see this guy misuse the word 'loose' in a sentence.

And generally speaking, he forms an opinion on something and puts it forward - usually as gospel truth and not just his opinion.  Some folks see that as 'standing behind your opinion' and many can appreciate that.  

His blog is just that -- it is HIS blog.  It's not a forum.  It is NOT a place for other people to present their views.  Send in your comments and he will read them but he will not post them unless they support his view.  It's not a place for dissenters, I can tell you.

His livestreams and various video reviews seem to be popular and offer people a look at these products before they purchase.  This is a real contribution, in my view, and very commendable, given that it is probably a helluva lot of work.  So again he adds value.

Other little observations (fair or otherwise): 

* He is VERY proud of his NDA status.  Loves to tell people that he is privy to what is going on behind the scenes.  Cannot tell you about it though.

* He is VERY proud of his status at this FLIGHTSIM Conference event in CT. 

* He clearly views himself as some kind of media professional, and craves attention.

* He loves to totally dismiss any other attempts at creating a good FS news site.

* Not all developers love him, but most at least see him as being a useful mechanism to get some free ink.

* He is not above ridicule of some new developers that submit products for sale online (which he believes are lacking).  He will not shy away from going beyond just a critique - he will periodically call people out and berate them, and/or the webstores, for offering a product for sale. 

* He is genuine and very enthusiastic, which is fun and contagious.

So there you go.

Can't stand reading his drivel, but I keep reading it anyway.

All that said, I think it is highly unlikely that he would hype a news story like this and not deliver.  So this whole thread is just a misunderstanding, IMHO, and no harm done.

• Upvote 9

So, I don't need another box of popcorn?

Sadly the credits are rolling. So no.   lol

Not reading 8 pages, what's the news please.

spacer.png

Zzzzzzzz   :p0504: 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Not reading 8 pages, what's the news please.

Innsbruck.  

Okay, I agree. This topic has run it's course. 

Thanks for the information and heads-up, Erich.

Moderator: Please close it. 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Yeah, poor guy.  Mean people at AVSIM picking on him.

Seriously, this guy enjoys being who he is on his own site.  He's totally unapologetic, doesn't care if he hacks you off, and so if people want to bash him, well, sorry, he reaps what he sows.

But in the interest of fairness, let me offer my short review on the man that likes to review everybody else:

Does he offer a good free service to the community?  Well, he does.  Few would argue otherwise. He is probably more diligent than most, and tries hard to fill his blog with posts with news.  And has a good group of frequent readers there that help by sending in timely news tips.  But to his credit, he keeps up with it.  As a result, most of the time, he reports things before others.

Are you getting quality journalism?  Please, fergawdsakes no.  Dude cannot even spell.  Once a week I see this guy misuse the word 'loose' in a sentence.

And generally speaking, he forms an opinion on something and puts it forward - usually as gospel truth and not just his opinion.  Some folks see that as 'standing behind your opinion' and many can appreciate that.  

His blog is just that -- it is HIS blog.  It's not a forum.  It is NOT a place for other people to present their views.  Send in your comments and he will read them but he will not post them unless they support his view.  It's not a place for dissenters, I can tell you.

His livestreams and various video reviews seem to be popular and offer people a look at these products before they purchase.  This is a real contribution, in my view, and very commendable, given that it is probably a helluva lot of work.  So again he adds value.

Other little observations (fair or otherwise): 

* He is VERY proud of his NDA status.  Loves to tell people that he is privy to what is going on behind the scenes.  Cannot tell you about it though.

* He is VERY proud of his status at this FLIGHTSIM Conference event in CT. 

* He clearly views himself as some kind of media professional, and craves attention.

* He loves to totally dismiss any other attempts at creating a good FS news site.

* Not all developers love him, but most at least see him as being a useful mechanism to get some free ink.

* He is not above ridicule of some new developers that submit products for sale online (which he believes are lacking).  He will not shy away from going beyond just a critique - he will periodically call people out and berate them, and/or the webstores, for offering a product for sale. 

* He is genuine and very enthusiastic, which is fun and contagious.

So there you go.

Can't stand reading his drivel, but I keep reading it anyway.

All that said, I think it is highly unlikely that he would hype a news story like this and not deliver.  So this whole thread is just a misunderstanding, IMHO, and no harm done.

A great post, Ripcord, I like it  :smile:. He has indeed his pet peeves, he's strongly opiniated, he uses, from time to time, profanities he could do without (to my liking YMMV) but he fulfills a need that no FS site does as well as ADX right now. Bring all or most of the hobby news, everyday. Where else can you know about an airport in the Moscow or Guanzhou suburbs   :wink:​  ? In a nutshell, he tries harder.  

BTW, I am not sure that he censors that much because he has some hot exchanges with some commenters...

• Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

D'Andre addressed this:  I'll just leave this here.  http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2017/2/22/uh-oh-editors-note#commenting=

Again:

Defaming someone because his tweet was misinterpreted by the community is not HIS fault.  Its YOUR fault.

And by the way I saw the offending tweet.  It in no way leads me to believe some life changing announcement is coming.  It was his typical "hey something is incoming for release" type message.  Again YOU misinterpreted.

Absolutely right Jason.certain people have jumped the gun and are now blaming anyone they can.when will people learn it is released when it is released!!

it happens every time a new version of something comes along.wild speculations and rumour mongering lead to yet more bad feeling .i grow tired very quickly of all of this

why  can't people just wait patiently??

steve

Guest JetFueler

Ripcord, you posted an awful lot of assumptions about D'Andre there that are probably unfounded.

He's like a morning radio show.  It's news entertainment but at the end of the day, it's his show.  He's outspoken but it's not like you can't have your own opinion there. I've seen him allow the most scathing of personal attacks against him go through in the comment section with out edit.  Remember, he's human. Attack him, he will come back at you.  No one ever said 'flight sim personalities' had to be pacifists.  He has been overly hard on some things/groups as well.  Go ahead and call him out on it. He will let you.  He'll probably come back at you and remind you that it's his opinion but it's not as though he's ever misled anyone into thinking he's some kind of anonymous sterile news generator.

I'll always stand up for D'Andre.  I don't agree with everything he says and I don't have to.  I've personally debated with him on his blog but I respect him and in doing so and he's always repaid respect shown.  He wouldn't be so polarizing if people could get over the fact that everything in the FlightSim world isn't there just to serve them.  This hobby has grown in to one of the most self entitled populations I've ever seen.  I've been around for a long time and I've watched it happen.

Seriously, look at all of you... like you're entitled to news about P3D v4 and you have been done some disservice because someone else with an opinion was excited about what's probably the second most popular airport in FlightSim after TNCM.  He's just an aviation nut like the rest of us that gets excited about stuff.  And it's ok to get excited and it's ok to not like stuff.  But it's not as though you pay for ADX or anyone is forcing you to go there so it's not ok to verge on slander because you were hoping for something other than what was available and you personally don't like his style.  I'd hate to see how some of you act when the local shop is sold out of what ever it was you went to buy.  Sheesh.

Very well put Grant, I agree with every single sentence. I particularly like the "morning radio show" analogy, i think this describes his kind of blog very nicely

Another thread starting to ramble.......

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors