Sign in to follow this  
raymar

New update for Aerofly FS 2 being downloaded now - Feb 22nd

Looks like a nice size update if the download time is any indication. 1 hr 43 min for my connection. (10.9 GB)

Regards,

Ray

• Upvote 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Looks like a nice size update if the download time is any indication. 1 hr 43 min for my connection. (10.9 GB)

Same here. Downloading and waiting for the surprise.

OK everyone calm down,

this update just replaces the world wide aerial images with slightly newer versions. There is no new content besides a greater coverage for tree data in the western part of the USA.

Ray

OK everyone calm down,

this update just replaces the world wide aerial images with slightly newer versions. There is no new content besides a greater coverage for tree data in the western part of the USA.

Ray

AF2, still banging out the numbers, post update. :)

Examining recently updated files shows big changes in the vegetation folder, but I wonder what the changes were, exactly?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Examining recently updated files shows big changes in the vegetation folder, but I wonder what the changes were, exactly?

More trees/data in the SW USA.

Ray

Regards,

Ray

1hr43mins for 10gb    :lol:  :Just Kidding: took me 5-6mins :Party:

No gals in the scenery at the beaches ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Took you 5-6 mins, huh? Wow, you must be the only person on the planet with a 16Gb/sec connection...

Took you 5-6 mins, huh? Wow, you must be the only person on the planet with a 16Gb/sec connection...

It took me a total of about 12-15 minutes, and that included an update to three other steam programs.  You might want to speak with your ISP.  Jeez...

Run SpeetTest, and see what your download speeds actually are.  Sometimes, they (your cable modem manufacturer, or cable provider company) do a firmware update, that does not take with your cable modem, and that can have disastrous download/upload quagmires.  This would be a pushed update that you might not ever even, be aware of....

I know...for it happened to me about 6 months ago. The end result of a bad firmware (auto) flash...by cable download, was that I was only running at 10 percent of my purchased speed, and at the time, thought it was an Orbx download issue.  I ran SpeetTest, and saw only 8-10 percent of what my download speeds should be.

They re-flashed, after calling them, and having a remote diagnosis session, and I was right back to full speed.  A lot of others can also be experiencing this, and not even be aware of it...just thinking it is a problem at the 'other end'....

I was probably (embarrassed to admit this...) at this bad flash speed, for even a month or so...and not even know it was happening...just thought the Net was slowing down at that time....or bad download speeds from my download source. Nope...was a bad (Cable Company 'pushed') flash of my cable modem firmware.

FYI.

i'll record a 10gb download from Steam for you if you want.

http://www.videotron.com/residential/internet/residential-internet

HYBRID FIBRE GIGA INTERNET 

SWITCH TO SUPERIOR SPEEDS AND PICTURE A WORLD OF POSSIBILITIES.

• Download speeds of up to 940 Mbps*
  • Upload speeds of up to 50 Mbps
  • Unlimited transfer allowance
  • New Generation Wi-Fi Router rental included

$150 a month

That would take me about 6 hrs

David Porrett

It took me a total of about 12-15 minutes, and that included an update to three other steam programs. You might want to speak with your ISP. Jeez...

Run SpeetTest, and see what your download speeds actually are. Sometimes, they (your cable modem manufacturer, or cable provider company) do a firmware update, that does not take with your cable modem, and that can have disastrous download/upload quagmires. This would be a pushed update that you might not ever even, be aware of....

I know...for it happened to me about 6 months ago. The end result of a bad firmware (auto) flash...by cable download, was that I was only running at 10 percent of my purchased speed, and at the time, thought it was an Orbx download issue. I ran SpeetTest, and saw only 8-10 percent of what my download speeds should be.

They re-flashed, after calling them, and having a remote diagnosis session, and I was right back to full speed. A lot of others can also be experiencing this, and not even be aware of it...just thinking it is a problem at the 'other end'....

I was probably (embarrassed to admit this...) at this bad flash speed, for even a month or so...and not even know it was happening...just thought the Net was slowing down at that time....or bad download speeds from my download source. Nope...was a bad (Cable Company 'pushed') flash of my cable modem firmware.

FYI.

There's nothing for me to talk to my ISP about, my download speeds are exactly matching the service I have and what I pay for...

If you download in 15 mins, it means you have a 100Mb/s. Connection, and I'm sure you pay nicely for it too.

i'll record a 10gb download from Steam for you if you want.

http://www.videotron.com/residential/internet/residential-internet

HYBRID FIBRE GIGA INTERNET SWITCH TO SUPERIOR SPEEDS AND PICTURE A WORLD OF POSSIBILITIES.[/size]

• Download speeds of up to 940 Mbps*
  • Upload speeds of up to 50 Mbps
  • Unlimited transfer allowance
  • New Generation Wi-Fi Router rental included
$150 a month
My bad with the math, it was actually about 300Mb/s...

Now if you have the internet service you posted above, then now the opposite, they're actually ripping you off, since you're getting a third of that advertised speed :D

Still that's about 10 times what I pay for Internet, so not really in that much of a hurry to get stuff...