Sign in to follow this  
simtom

[747-400 QOTSII] ERR: XX RWY N/A + AIRAC issue

Hello,

I'm having two small issues with the 747-400 QOTSII package.

Firstly, some airports produce the following error:
o9xD2YH.png?1

I've already tried to fix this by deleting the ARPT_RWY.dat file but that didn't help. I understand that this has something to do with a difference in scenery data but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Secondly, the introduction manual clearly states that the 747-400 comes with the AIRAC 1702 cycle. However, mine shows the 1309 cycle.
u7QT5S7.png

Any way to solve this issue?

Kind regards,

Tomas

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

Hello,

I'm having two small issues with the 747-400 QOTSII package.

Firstly, some airports produce the following error:

o9xD2YH.png?1

I've already tried to fix this by deleting the ARPT_RWY.dat file but that didn't help. I understand that this has something to do with a difference in scenery data but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Secondly, the introduction manual clearly states that the 747-400 comes with the AIRAC 1702 cycle. However, mine shows the 1309 cycle.

u7QT5S7.png

Any way to solve this issue?

Kind regards,

Tomas

Tomas, do you update your AIRAC cycle yourself by using navigraph or navdatapro? another user had a very similar issue and it was fixed by re-installing the latest AIRAC cycle? The 747does indeed ship with 1702 have you done anything regarding AIRAC cycles since you have installed the 747?

Jason Dilley

mine shows the 1309 cycle.

I believe 1309 came with the 777LR.

I had a similar experience with the AIRAC cycle. Before I installed the 747 I had cycle 1701 and after installation it's still the same. Not cycle 1702 as stated. No issue, cycle 1701 is still ok to me.

Johann van Rhyn

Tomas, do you update your AIRAC cycle yourself by using navigraph or navdatapro? another user had a very similar issue and it was fixed by re-installing the latest AIRAC cycle? The 747does indeed ship with 1702 have you done anything regarding AIRAC cycles since you have installed the 747?

Jason, I do not. I just use the one that comes with PMDG products.

I believe 1309 came with the 777LR.

That's possible, a couple of years ago I had the 777 installed. Maybe I should do a fresh PMDG install?

That's possible, a couple of years ago I had the 777 installed. Maybe I should do a fresh PMDG install?

Run the 747 installer as admin, select repair.  That may replace or update the navdata.  The installer will not over write newer data, and may not over write older data if it is not run with admin rights.

Dan Downs KCRP

Run the 747 installer as admin, select repair.  That may replace or update the navdata.  The installer will not over write newer data, and may not over write older data if it is not run with admin rights.

I just tried that but when I select Repair I get the following error message:

iYgluNz.png

Maybe because I didn't install the package as an admin?

Or maybe because you have FSX-SE??  Due to the odd ways that steam uses different registry entries it wasn't practical to try to extend the repair option to FSXSE... sorry, I often forget that there are many FSXSE users.

The original problem is out of date navdata.  I recommend getting the current data from navigraph.  You can buy a single month subscription very inexpensively.

Dan Downs KCRP

Or maybe because you have FSX-SE??  Due to the odd ways that steam uses different registry entries it wasn't practical to try to extend the repair option to FSXSE... sorry, I often forget that there are many FSXSE users.

The original problem is out of date navdata.  I recommend getting the current data from navigraph.  You can buy a single month subscription very inexpensively.

Could be, though I don't have it installed in the default Program Files directory. I don't mind doing a full re-install but before I do that I want to know if you can back-up the installed liveries somehow. 

I'm not going to purchase a single month subscription yet. There needs to be some way to get the 1702 cycle.

Your operations center will repair liveries after a reinstall. Run it once before uninstalling and then again after install.  It will give you a message that liveries need to be repaired, select OK.

I don't understand why the navdata that comes with the installer is not installed. 

Dan Downs KCRP

Your operations center will repair liveries after a reinstall. Run it once before uninstalling and then again after install.  It will give you a message that liveries need to be repaired, select OK.

I don't understand why the navdata that comes with the installer is not installed. 

Ok, thanks for the info.

I'll report back after re-installing the 747.

Secondly, the introduction manual clearly states that the 747-400 comes with the AIRAC 1702 cycle. However, mine shows the 1309 cycle.

I think Ryan said somewhere that they don't want to overwrite users' existing nav data in case the user has some reason for preferring it.  The solution is to remove or rename the two folders, NavData and SIDSTARs in FSX\PMDG and try to run a repair.  If the repair doesn't work (as it apparently does not in Steam -- wouldn't work for me a few weeks ago), you need to uninstall and reinstall the 747 (not any other PMDG product; they come with older Airacs).

Airac 1702 will then be available for all your PMDG aircraft.  Hopefully Tomas this will fix your other issue as well.  Please let us know.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I think Ryan said somewhere that they don't want to overwrite users' existing nav data in case the user has some reason for preferring it.  The solution is to remove or rename the two folders, NavData and SIDSTARs in FSX\PMDG and try to run a repair.  If the repair doesn't work (as it apparently does not in Steam -- wouldn't work for me a few weeks ago), you need to uninstall and reinstall the 747 (not any other PMDG product; they come with older Airacs).

Airac 1702 will then be available for all your PMDG aircraft.  Hopefully Tomas this will fix your other issue as well.  Please let us know.

Mike

Well, it seems like that solved my two problems  :smile: 

Not sure if the re-install did the trick or deleting those two folders but everything is working fine now. 

Thanks for the support, guys!

ps: can I just ask one more question? My mouse is flickering all the time while using the FMC or any switch or knob in the VC. I tried to solve this by installing the latest version of FSUIPC, but that didn't help unfortunately. It's not that big of a deal, it's just annoying.

Well, it seems like that solved my two problems :smile:

Not sure if the re-install did the trick or deleting those two folders but everything is working fine now.

Glad it's fixed!  Sorry, don't have any advice about the mouse.

For future navdata updates, if you want them, you will need to subscribe to Navigraph or Aerosoft's Nav Data Pro.   Also, be aware that since FSX is @ 10 years old, many stock airports in FSX are very out of date: KORD, KIAD, KSEA just to name some.  The navdata in your PMDG aircraft is now current, but there are going to be discrepancies between runways and ILS frequencies in the PMDG FMCs (more accurate & up to date) and the older stock airports.  Many free airport layout (AFCAD) updates are available in the AVSIM library -- Ray Smith has provided many good ones.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Glad it's fixed!  Sorry, don't have any advice about the mouse.

For future navdata updates, if you want them, you will need to subscribe to Navigraph or Aerosoft's Nav Data Pro.   Also, be aware that since FSX is @ 10 years old, many stock airports in FSX are very out of date: KORD, KIAD, KSEA just to name some.  The navdata in your PMDG aircraft is now current, but there are going to be discrepancies between runways and ILS frequencies in the PMDG FMCs (more accurate & up to date) and the older stock airports.  Many free airport layout (AFCAD) updates are available in the AVSIM library -- Ray Smith has provided many good ones.

Mike

Ah, thank you for pointing that out to me. I'll definitely check Ray's AFCAD updates.

EDIT: is there a difference between the Scenery files and AFCAD files? They both seem to update the respective airport.