Sign in to follow this  
slavik35ua

P3D v3 Disappearing lights when watching at them

Hello dear forum members, recently i've noticed a weird thing in my P3D, which may have been before, but i didn't see that. So, the problem is about night flying. When flying at night time, there are lots of lights, traffic, scenery, etc.., and, when I look at these lights straight, I don't see them until i come about 6-9 miles to them. BUT, when I look at them with my "side vision", those lights are nice a clear. Here's a pic of this thing happening. Hope for your help. Thank you

a93fd59d21a64fb081691e5ed7d12479.png

474f387ded054d0ba82fc9d651078afe.png

From experience, runway lights and night lighting problems have often times been the result of graphic card drivers. Nvidia in particular. Try a different graphics driver. I haven't had that problem in the last year or so, but for a while before that the problem was fairly wide spread.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I thought it was just to do with LOD within P3D?

Corsair Obsidian 900D, ASUS Maximus XI Formula Motherboard, Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.2GHz (HT off), 32GB G-Skill Trident Z DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 2TB SeaGate FireCuda NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 2 x 6TB WD Black 7200rpm SATA, nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, ASUS ROG curved ultrawide 1440p monitor.  All water-cooled with EKWB blocks.

From experience, runway lights and night lighting problems have often times been the result of graphic card drivers. Nvidia in particular. Try a different graphics driver. I haven't had that problem in the last year or so, but for a while before that the problem was fairly wide spread.

Tried 376.52 and 378.62, the problem stays. Thank you for your help

Are you sure it's not random clouds interfering?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Are you sure it's not random clouds interfering?

Vic

Absolutely, I've tried to discover this thing many times, and every time it happens. Whenever the object is straight ahead of me, it can't be seen lighting, but as soon as I turn my head away to look forward, I can nicely see the object lighting with my "side vision"