Sign in to follow this  
meyomyx

Joysticks not operating - 747 only

Good morning.

I have flown the 747 just a few times without problem. I set up for a flight this morning and discovered that I have no primary control joystick input.

I do have throttle control (set up and calibrated through FSUIPC) and tiller control (likewise) ... but no other controls. Strange. These controls work perfectly in other aircraft (NGX/A320/default cub etc). I have tried recalibrating through P3D. I have tried calibrating through FSUIPC instead. I have tried allowing FSUIPC to regenerate a new .ini

I have the latest FSUIPC.

I've checked the drivers, calibration and operation in Windows and re-booting/reconnecting the USB devices.

Interestingly, if I operate the rudders when the airplane initially loads, the rudder pedals are operating ... but as the "systems initialisation" process occurs, it seems to inhibit joystick operation when the counter gets to about 3 leading me to think that it is something in that initialisation process that is causing the issue.

I should stress that loading any other aircraft, including the NGX causes no problem.

Any thoughts? I hate to simply reinstall things .. I'd sooner learn what the issue is and fix it if possible.

Kind regards
Nick Kidd

Yes ... each aircraft is set up with its own profile. Have checked this. Primary controls are NOT calibrated through FSUIPC

Nick

Have you tried to use the mouse joystick to see if that works?

If it does then you might have overlooked something while assigning the axis.

If it doesn't, make sure the aircraft is set up properly to make sure all ailerons and elevators have hydraulic.

Rebuilt 747 profile in FSUIPC and recalibrated. All seems well now. Not sure why it suddenly occurred but thanks for your help!