Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

JustFlight PA-28R Arrow released

Click the semi-hidden handle on the left door to open the repair menu and then reset all. I draining my battery first run and was going nuts with the same problems. 

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

57 minutes ago, Pivot said:

Click the semi-hidden handle on the left door to open the repair menu and then reset all. I draining my battery first run and was going nuts with the same problems. 

That's right.  The 'hidden handle' in question is the ELT switch.  When on the ground with the engine off, it acts as the toggle switch to bring the maintenance menu up, once the engine is started, it acts as the ELT switch.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Well personally, I've (temporarily) hangared the Archer III until the RPM sounds get fixed. I can live with the FDE but getting no audible RPM drop when pulling the prop lever back (unless you go to 1900RPM!) is just so unrealistic for a constant speed unit like this.

I hope Just Flight can get TSS to look at this asap - the core engine sounds are fantastic but there's clearly a sound.cfg issue around how the RPM sounds (which I notice there's only one wav file for) are rendering.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I too liked the look of this plane and the specs. I purchased it yesterday and got it going this morning. My first flight went ok, but I chose Stapleford near London in real weather. Big mistake for a first flight. Foogy but I managed a wide circuit and landing, followed by a short hop over to Biggin Hill and landed there successfully. Everything worked ok and the landing was smooth. I then decided it would be much nicer to have a fly back here in some good weather in Aus.

So I set up for a flight from Orbx's Tamworth (YSTW) but now I have run into a series of issues which I figure are to do with the plane. On loading the new flight it started in ready to fly mode, but the engine then shut down. 

I looked and saw that the oil level was zero (strange after only one hours flying), so I topped up the oil. I checked the fuel was ok. Now nothing I do can get me past this point. I have tried using the check list. But get to the point of kicking over the started and adding full mixture, then engine just cuts. This last time after a reboot I got to the engine key start and all the power cut off leaving the cockpit dark. 

I have tried looking for a operating handbook but can't find one anywhere. Some things are not clear in the VC regarding the checklist i.e. Says to check the baggage hatch but you cant see it and you don't know if its a requirement to start (or if any of the checklist is mandatory) 

I also notice that the panel states are not saving when I load a new flight even though there is a message coming up saying "panel states saved" when I'm flying.

If I load a new flight and select "ready to fly" All the avionics come on and the engine kicks over momentary but then cuts. Any further attempt to start goes through the same cycle.

I am flying this plane in FSX:SE as a stand

I'm now going to attempt re-installing the plane as something seems to have happened to its configuration. I'll report back.

Cheers Anton.

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

OK, back after a re-install and now the plane is back to normal. I wonder if the problem may have been as a result of running very low on VAS (down to around 400Mb) and whilst I did not suffer a OOM crash my plane's Config files may have got corrupted.

So I'm off on the test flight at Tamworth when the traffic ahead of me clears.

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

Hi Anton,

Quick question - do you have the engine management option enabled?

Thanks
Martyn - JF

Martyn - Just Flight

I've had that issue too with the PA-28. It will crank but just won't kick in and keep on running. I ended up having to load a default Cessna, start that, then select the PA-28 so it loaded in with the engine running as no matter what I did it would not start in the sim, tried all the oil and other maintenance options, tried all the different saved states, tried disabling Accufeel etc, etc. Not a show stopper, but not ideal either.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hi Alan,

I'm currently looking into the engine start issue. Not something that either me or the testers have encountered but it should be easy enough to resolve.

BTW, a quick start guide video is now available (it is very basic so won't resolve the start issue but might be of interest):

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn - Just Flight

58 minutes ago, Nortmar said:

Hi Anton,

Quick question - do you have the engine management option enabled?

Thanks
Martyn - JF

Hi Martyn, thanks for your involvement. I'm not aware of enabling it (nor do I know how). I did find the maintenance switch on the Port door, not sure if this is what you are referring to. I would be pleased to know if there is an owners handbook (manual) and if so where it's located.

As mentioned above after reinstalling the plane from the .exe, the plane behaved perfectly again. I have completed a two hour, 300nm flight at FL105 and really enjoyed the flight. I own an F1 GTN750 and have to say the PA-28's integration of this gauge was a major attraction. And the method of activating this in the plane on the go is very clever. I learnt to fly in the 140 version of this plane and have a soft spot for it and your plane is a very pleasing version. I think as others have said, the plan FDE could be fine tuned to allow the plan to be trimmed more easily.

cheers Anton.

Thanks Anton. I'll look into the engine start issue.

The manual (operations and operating data PDFs) is located in Start > Just Flight > PA28 Arrow

• Upvote 1

Martyn - Just Flight

Just a heads up to people who are enjoying the PA-28: JF's Aerospatiale/Socata TB-10 and TB-20 Trinidad and Tobago GA add-on is of an equally impressive standard and makes a nice change from the usual Cessnas and Pipers, so that one is worth a look too, although make sure you don't do what these guys did:

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

6 hours ago, antonvs said:

On loading the new flight it started in ready to fly mode, but the engine then shut down. 

I looked and saw that the oil level was zero (strange after only one hours flying), so I topped up the oil. I checked the fuel was ok. Now nothing I do can get me past this point. I have tried using the check list. But get to the point of kicking over the started and adding full mixture, then engine just cuts. This last time after a reboot I got to the engine key start and all the power cut off leaving the cockpit dark.

My suggestion.
1. When you load the aircraft, set the Cold&Dark state first by clicking on the arrow icon on the top left corner, then click on the first icon in the menu that opens. The aircraft will return to Cold&Dark (engine shut down, electrical panel switched off, throttle and mixture levers cut-off, magneto in the OFF position etc.).
2. To enable engine management and GTN 750, select Add-ons on your top simulator menu bar, then select the appropriate option (JustFlight adds some options automatically to the list when you load their aircraft).

3.  Click on the ELT switch in the left port door. Make sure you Refill oil and Recharge battery. You can also set fuel, if you have not done so already.
4. Then start the cold&dark procedure.

If you run this procedure in this order, you should avoid that problem (I had it too).

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

@NortMar. This must be why I'm having trouble finding the manual, in my old DOS way of finding things I have no idea where the Folder "Start" is. I have looked into Documents>Flight Sim files> and see lots of other JF product manuals, Ive looked in AppData, roaming and local etc. Ive done a Win10 search on "Start" but come back with zilch. I'm sure this must be simple and it is a place I have never seen referenced before so I wonder if its relatively new. Sorry to be a pain but if you can guide me to where to look to find "Start" Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, antonvs said:

@NortMar. This must be why I'm having trouble finding the manual, in my old DOS way of finding things I have no idea where the Folder "Start" is. I have looked into Documents>Flight Sim files> and see lots of other JF product manuals, Ive looked in AppData, roaming and local etc. Ive done a Win10 search on "Start" but come back with zilch. I'm sure this must be simple and it is a place I have never seen referenced before so I wonder if its relatively new. Sorry to be a pain but if you can guide me to where to look to find "Starty" Thanks. 

The manual is under:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\JustFlight\PA-28R Arrow III

2 minutes ago, barrel_owl said:

The manual is under:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\JustFlight\PA-28R Arrow III

OK, thanks that was simple. I had checked here but the folder did not show at the time I looked, I bet it was the old problem of having to refresh the folder view before looking.

Thanks heaps. Should be able to read and learn a lot more know.