Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

JustFlight PA-28R Arrow released

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Just a heads up to people who are enjoying the PA-28: JF's Aerospatiale/Socata TB-10 and TB-20 Trinidad and Tobago GA add-on is of an equally impressive standard and makes a nice change from the usual Cessnas and Pipers, so that one is worth a look too

I concur and I strongly recommend it too. However, there are some glitches that I hope the developer will fix. Among them, have the same trim issue at takeoff as in the Piper PA-28R. As the developer is here, I will take the opportunity to report them in the appropriate forum.

49 minutes ago, Delta558 said:

On the TB10 / 20, where do you have the trim set at take off?

On the TB-20 (did not use the TB-10 yet). Basically, I use the same trick as in the Piper PA-28R: I rotate the trim slightly forward (down) beyond the neutral position. Trimming up for take-off makes the aircraft "ramp up" beyond my control. Maybe it's my fault, but this is what happens when I try to rotate at the prescribed speed (no real changes in the lift up behavior, as far as I can remember, both with only P1 or P1 + P2, except for the different rotation speed). Another glitch is that I never had interior lights light up by clicking those three switches on  the left panel (I am doing exactly what is stated in the manual). Again, I am probably missing something, but don't know what. Finally, it would be fine if you would add an option for the Flight1 GNS 430/530 as will you do for the PA-28R.

Beyond that, I am really enjoying both the TB-20 and the PA-28R and I can only recommend both of them.

Thanks for your feedback.

Okay, this MAY be a solution for you - have a look at the trim gauge on the TB series, there is a white square approximately 3/4 of the way up the gauge to the front. That's the T/O setting. From memory, it should load up in that position but of course, adjusting the trim can affect that (particularly if you use an axis rather than buttons). If you are actually setting it to neutral or just forward of that, then the trim is way too far back for take off and will cause the pitching and, of course, actually 'trimming up' for take off will make the problem much worse.

Cheers,

Paul.

Yes, the TB10/20 are wonderful addons!  It took me a while to realise and spot what Paul is talking about - the marking for the take off trim - it's quite far forward (which I understand is accurate for this aircraft.   When I set the trim correctly with this significant ND trim, I get no issues with these aircraft 'leaping of the runway'.  Flies beautifully.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Here is the current list of what will be included in the upcoming service pack:

• Improvements to FDE
  • Flight1 GNS integration added
  • Interactive engine start checklist added
  • FSUIPC auto-saves trigger panel state save - fixed
  • Option to disable 2D panel selector arrow added to PA-28 menu
  • “GPS changed. Updating HSI source…” message keeps appearing – fixed
  • Battery voltage low/oil quantity low message will now appear onscreen to warn of potential failures
  • Changes to engine start logic
  • Changes to fuel selector logic
  • Flaps not moving with electrical power off – fixed
  • Battery discharge and oil usage now occur only when engine management is enabled

None of the issues that have been reported will be ignored but other fixes/changes might take a bit more time.

• Upvote 2

Martyn - Just Flight

Thanks and great news Martyn, just one thing, still not clear re setting the trim for take off, ( seen the comments above ), is it just press the electric  trim button.

bob 

Nice, thanks for the update Martyn.

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

2 hours ago, onebob said:

Thanks and great news Martyn, just one thing, still not clear re setting the trim for take off, ( seen the comments above ), is it just press the electric  trim button.

In the Warriors I flew, the trim wheel was right by your right hand.  An equivalently easy thing to do is to use trim buttons somewhere (I have them on my yoke) and set them up.  That's what I did on this plane and it works fine.  It does look like there's a trim control on the left side of the yoke but it's just visual.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

6 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

In the Warriors I flew, the trim wheel was right by your right hand.  An equivalently easy thing to do is to use trim buttons somewhere (I have them on my yoke) and set them up.  That's what I did on this plane and it works fine.  It does look like there's a trim control on the left side of the yoke but it's just visual.

Yes that's right Gregg, the trim wheel is between the seats, have been using the rocker switch on the ch flightsim yoke. not having to much success getting a stable flight with that so have plugged in the Saitek Cessna trim wheel and managed it abit better.

I set the trim for take-off at -2. , however getting a horizontal flight ( with some slight adjustments now and then)comes out about -2.5 degs. ( 21mp, 2300 rpm, 2500ft)

still don't understand what the electric trim switch does. Improvements in the FDE update may help with this. 

bob

26 minutes ago, onebob said:

Yes that's right Gregg, the trim wheel is between the seats, have been using the rocker switch on the ch flightsim yoke. not having to much success getting a stable flight with that so have plugged in the Saitek Cessna trim wheel and managed it abit better.

I set the trim for take-off at -2. , however getting a horizontal flight ( with some slight adjustments now and then)comes out about -2.5 degs. ( 21mp, 2300 rpm, 2500ft)

still don't understand what the electric trim switch does. 

Pretty cool having a trim wheel.  I use the rocker on the CH yoke for trim on all of my airplanes.  Not sure if you use FSUIPC or LINDA but it's pretty easy to use either to set Elevator Trim Up (for the end of the rocker closest to you) and Elevator Trim Down for the other end of the rocker.  You can also set it to repeat when held.  It moves the trim wheel like you'd expect. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

still don't understand what the electric trim switch does.

The electric trim switch simply enables the animation of the electric trim rocker switch on the yoke. It doesn't have any impact on the sensitivity of trim inputs.

Thanks
Martyn - JF

Martyn - Just Flight

So, do you confirm that we will have a T-Tail ? :ampun: 

If yes, please, do not forget the electrical prime button :laugh:

I´ll buy in first day, i fly the Brazilian variant in real life, the Embraer Corisco Turbo 

I'm looking forward to the updates in the upcoming SP, as I continue to experience some issues with the plane.  Leaving aside FDE issues which I know are being addressed, I continue to struggle to start the plane.  Last night after trying all manner of things, a Ctrl-E start finally working, but I have no idea why.  Tonight, nothing worked until I tried a (very helpful!) offline suggestion to start another plane and then switch to the Arrow and (quicklyl) manipulate mixture and throttle to keep things working.  Not only did that allow me to start the plane, it also (finally!) got the DME working.  Prior to this, nothing I tried would allow the DME to turn on.  It remained a dead piece of avionics, despite my best efforts to get it working.

I really like this aircraft once I get things going, but there are several issues that are leading to a high level of frustration.

Still, big kudos to the developers who continue to be extremely responsive and obviously interested in working out issues and making this a quality product.

Scott

58 minutes ago, tttocs said:

I'm looking forward to the updates in the upcoming SP, as I continue to experience some issues with the plane.  Leaving aside FDE issues which I know are being addressed, I continue to struggle to start the plane.  Last night after trying all manner of things, a Ctrl-E start finally working, but I have no idea why.  Tonight, nothing worked until I tried a (very helpful!) offline suggestion to start another plane and then switch to the Arrow and (quicklyl) manipulate mixture and throttle to keep things working.  Not only did that allow me to start the plane, it also (finally!) got the DME working.  Prior to this, nothing I tried would allow the DME to turn on.  It remained a dead piece of avionics, despite my best efforts to get it working.

I really like this aircraft once I get things going, but there are several issues that are leading to a high level of frustration.

Still, big kudos to the developers who continue to be extremely responsive and obviously interested in working out issues and making this a quality product.

Scott

Scott, what I have found is that every time I start a new flight, I do the following:

1. Open the top PA38 menu (title) - Select cold and dark 

2. Get the maintenance menu up (toggle ELT switch on pilots door)

3. Cycle thru every option - fuel, oil, battery etc.

4. Then do a manual start (or then press ready to fly)

This works every time for me. Cheers Anton 

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.