Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

JustFlight PA-28R Arrow released

@Nortmar Thanks for your feedback re the update. Sounds good. I have now clocked up around 10 hrs flying time on the PA38 and just love flying it. Aside from the issues you are addressing this really is a great plane. Top marks to all involved.

I have purchased and tried nearly every plane ever released in FSX and as I like to constantly swap between four types of flying, here is my amended list of planes of choice for reach type.

1. Heavies - QW 757 (787 When they release it)

2. BizJet - Iris PC-24 Crystal class

3. GA - JF PA-28-201 Arrow III

4. Heli - CERA AS365 N3 Dolphin 

For anyone wanting a GA plane with a bit more performance than the standard Skyhawks etc, I can highly recommend this plane.

Cheers Anton.

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

20 hours ago, zarapeiro said:

So, do you confirm that we will have a T-Tail ? :ampun: 

It is something that we are looking into now. Should have more news shortly.

Thanks
Martyn - JF

Martyn - Just Flight

Is it me or:
Switching off all radio's and I still hear ATC
Also pulling the comm1 and comm2 circuit breakers and i still hear ATC.

Only after switching the BATT to OFF the ATC is silenced.

Could it be caused by the fact that first selecting the GTN(750) unit and then (re)selecting the KX170 unit from the addon menu entry, the GTN750 unit's are still functioning in the background?

Because when switching to 2D panel's (which are not there of course) the 2D versions of the GTN(750) is actually still there and seem not removed. The GTN's are 'ON'  when the BATT is ON.

RobdeVries.jpg

AFAIK in FSX/P3D, the only way to disable/silence ATC is with electrical power removed from the aircraft. In the case of the Arrow that is linked to the battery/alternator. If electrical power was removed when the radio power/volume switches were set to OFF or the CBs were pulled, it would not only disable/silence ATC but prevent all other electrical systems from functioning. I'm not aware of a realistic workaround for that but would if anyone has any ideas then please let me know as it's one of the few limitations that we've not circumvented. 

Thanks
Martyn - JF

Martyn - Just Flight

Nice to know there is a tweak coming. Not had really any issues which bother me other than the 'won't start' one, and loading a default plane gets around that to be fair, so it isn't a showstopper and certainly ain't the only FSX aeroplane guilty of that either. But it will be nice if it can crank up without having to go via a default aircraft, not least because having to do that might cause problems when using it in Air Hauler, since that loads up your flight for you in FSX.

Now, come on JF, hurry up and make a Sud Aviation Caravelle :-)

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hi Anton,

Thanks for the suggestions, they are much appreciated.  Unfortunately, you're basically describing what I've been doing.  Even though I'm currently flying it with the option for engine damage and so-forth off (sorry, can't remember what it's called in the menu) I still make sure I check and top off/charge in the maintenance menu just to be sure.  And then there's the oddity with the DME which magically came to life last night for the first time after I did the rapid switch from another running plane trick.  Even though I keep the default 172 as my default flight to help prevent these kinds of issues, something appears to not be initializing correctly, I'm afraid.

I'll await the update as Martyn does indicate changes to the engine start and fuel system logic which I'm hoping will help.  It's almost as if fuel is not turned on or something.

Thanks again,

Scott

Is the issue with there being no audible change to RPMs when the prop lever is pulled back (unless it's pulled back to extremes, beyond normal operating procedures) being addressed?

To be honest with all the RW flyers and those with strong knowledge of these types, I'm amazed this doesn't seem to bother more people, in terms of realism.

Thanks.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 hour ago, JYW said:

Is the issue with there being no audible change to RPMs when the prop lever is pulled back (unless it's pulled back to extremes, beyond normal operating procedures) being addressed?

To be honest with all the RW flyers and those with strong knowledge of these types, I'm amazed this doesn't seem to bother more people, in terms of realism.

Thanks.

My only experience with a constant speed prop was the C182 and it was years ago.  I go by other people's word.  I'm sure it'll get resolved, though.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Yes, that is being addressed and any fixes will be released as soon as they are available. We won't be holding back the release of the fixes/improvements listed above though, which should be available later today. 

Thanks 

Martyn - JF

• Upvote 1

Martyn - Just Flight

8 hours ago, JYW said:

Thanks.

True, I'd like it to be realistic and I'm glad they're gonna address it, but having said that, whilst you can get some usable feedback off sounds in a real aeroplane, for example, in most aeroplanes I'm familiar with flying I can tell if I am slipping in a turn from the differing sounds the wind makes as it passes over the DV panel. But as useful as that is in the real world, I would nevertheless tend to go off the instruments to be absolutely sure of what the aeroplane is doing. So with the JF Piper I will go off the gauges, and occasionally the visual position the throttle and mixture levers to know what the power setting it at.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I'm still learning all the details of what they've put into this plane.  So far, from what I see, it's very detailed both in look and function.  Every switch and control that matters is modeled and some switches that don't matter (fan, heat, throttle quad friction) move.  When the sun shines on the dash you see all the detail of paint and metal.  It gives you the feel that you're in an older, not so well maintained, Arrow...but one in which every stitch of equipment works.  It's got some quirks that they're working out but it's definitely a level up from a Carenado.  It's an Arrow and they're focusing on the fact that it should be an Arrow...act like one with all of it's behaviors and quirks.  It's stable enough for family trips or taking it up to view the country side.  It's also a quality full-featured instrument trainer.  I'm looking forward to the coming fixes and, also, hoping for a slightly more modern T-tail.

I'm finishing up a LINDA module for it for folks that have hardware switches they want to use.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Guest Mik75

I bought this plane a few days ago, and I've already spent some hours in it. I love the visuals, and the sounds, all very immersive. The flight model feels extremely "fluid" and believable, definitely a highly enjoyable experience. Equipped with the GTN 750, it's a pure joy to use it for longer cross country IFR flights. 

Service pack 1 is now available:  https://www.justflight.com/support/pa28-arrow-iii/30fa7cc

Please make sure to read the notes on the support page, particularly if you are using the Flight1 GTN or GNS

• Flight1 GNS integration added
  • Interactive engine start checklist added
  • FSUIPC auto-saves trigger panel state save - fixed
  • Option to disable 2D panel selector arrow added to PA-28 menu
  • “GPS changed. Updating HSI source…” message keeps appearing – fixed
  • Battery voltage low/oil quantity low message will now appear onscreen to warn of potential failures
  • Changes to engine start logic
  • Changes to fuel selector logic
  • Flaps not moving with electrical power off – fixed
  • Battery discharge and oil usage now occur only when engine management is enabled
  • Door now only closes fully when both latches are closed
  • Slight delay in electrical power availability after battery/alternator switched on, for added realism

Martyn - Just Flight

I know what I'll be doing shortly! Thanks! 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's