Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

JustFlight PA-28R Arrow released

On 2-3-2017 at 2:22 PM, Nortmar said:

AFAIK in FSX/P3D, the only way to disable/silence ATC is with electrical power removed from the aircraft. In the case of the Arrow that is linked to the battery/alternator...

Are you sure? I don't have your Arrow, but isn't ATC silent when the avionics master switch is of (or batt/alt if the aircraft doesn't have avionics master)? Does your Arrow have an avionics master switch? Or do the radios (including the third party GPS units) come alive when the batt master is switched on?

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

1 minute ago, Rimshot said:

Are you sure? I don't have your Arrow, but isn't ATC silent when the avionics master switch is of (or batt/alt if the aircraft doesn't have avionics master)? Does your Arrow have an avionics master switch? Or do the radios (including the third party GPS units) come alive when the batt master is switched on?

Our Arrow doesn't have an avionics master switch and power to the Flight1 units are controlled by the battery master. I will look into this further though.

• Upvote 1

Martyn - Just Flight

4 minutes ago, Nortmar said:

Our Arrow doesn't have an avionics master switch and power to the Flight1 units are controlled by the battery master. I will look into this further though.

That would be great. The manual of the real world GTN clearly states the unit has to be linked to the avionics bus. It could very well be that's also the case with the GNS units. I do not know for sure about older radios though, like the bendix modelled in your Arrow. I do know however it is always wise to switch on radio units after starting the engine and switch them of before you turn of the engine. As the GTN units do not have a power switch this can only be accomplished with a seperate avionics master.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

No avionic master here. The battery master switch also controls radio and navigation units.

34 minutes ago, barrel_owl said:

No avionic master here. The battery master switch also controls radio and navigation units

Interesting...no cowl flaps on the JF airplane.  Maybe a later model in the video.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

10 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Interesting...no cowl flaps on the JF airplane.  Maybe a later model in the video.

The Arrow in the video is a 1968 Piper PA-28R-180. The version modeled by JustFlight is a 1978 Piper PA-28R-201.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, barrel_owl said:

The Arrow in the video is a 1968 Piper PA-28R-180. The version modeled by JustFlight is a 1978 Piper PA-28R-201.

Thanks.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

FYI, my 1979 Turbo Arrow IV did not have an avionics master either, but individual avionics could be powered on and off.  The plane, as delivered from the factory, also did not have cowl flaps.  Mine was fitted with aftermarket cowl flaps by the previous owner.

Scott

• Upvote 1

This is a much later PA-28R-201 Arrow III model (2002), yet I can't see any avionics master.

Guest Mik75

The service pack is fantastic! So many details have been fixed or added (door is moving a bit while being latched/unlatched, there is a wind noise when you take off with an unlatched door, the needles of the instruments move fluently when you turn on the battery, etc.)

Thanks for all this quick improvements! The addon just became a little more enjoyable!

Guest Mik75
1 minute ago, barrel_owl said:

The wind noise with open door or window was already included in 1.0.

Ok, I have never treid that, but the movement upon latching is definitely new. 

Agree with @Mik75, the Service Pack is really great and fixes / improves a lot.  FDE feel great - easier to trim in level flight.   Great to hear the RPM sound issue is also getting looked at. 

Excellent work Paul (FDE) and @Nortmar !

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Wow. From Bill's last comment I learned that now you can tag someone even without quoting them. Nice.