Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

JustFlight PA-28R Arrow released

5 minutes ago, wohawa said:

Problems with the refill-menu

Hello! I don't see the refill-menu. When I open the hatch, the refill-menu will not come. Any idea? How to handle it?

Thanks a lot.

Are you pressing the ELT button (to open the oil filler etc) with the engines and battery off (eg. cold and dark) ?

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Thanks. I pressed the ELT-button (the oil filler opens). Engines and battery are off. Nothing will happen, except the inspection door. 

By the way: I use P3D v3

5 hours ago, wohawa said:

Thanks. I pressed the ELT-button (the oil filler opens). Engines and battery are off. Nothing will happen, except the inspection door. 

Hmm, that's odd. Sorry I can't help further.  The menu with filling options is appearing ok for me.   Do you have the engine maintenance simulation turned ON in the P3D > Addons > JF Arrow menu?

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

On 04/03/2017 at 8:21 AM, Mik75 said:

Uninstall v1.0, using the Windows control panel, and thereafter, do a clean reinstall of the new version. Maybe redownload it once more from your JF account, and run the installer with a right click "as administrator". The installation worked flawlessly for me. 

Yes, and I just ran the 101.exe over the existing install (as administrator) and it worked fine.

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

How is this plane on frame rates?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Guest Mik75
2 hours ago, warbirds said:

Extremely easy! I use the F1 GTN750 in it, which does use a bit of CPU time, but it's still absolutely smooth and stutter free. 

With the GTN turned off, sitting on a ORBX airfield, I see 50-60 fps in the VC, with the GTN turned on, fps stay around 45-50 in the same scenario.  

17 hours ago, wohawa said:

Put the batt ON and click the ELT switch! Works like that for me:cool:

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

I'm not sure what is causing that issue but I've added a refill menu option to the Arrow III menu.

MenuBar.jpg

Martyn - JF

• Upvote 1

Martyn - Just Flight

Following several requests, I can announce that we are developing another variant of the PA28 Arrow - the PA-28RT-201T Turbo Arrow IV. More details will follow shortly.

Martyn - JF

• Upvote 2

Martyn - Just Flight

4 minutes ago, Nortmar said:

Following several requests, I can announce that we are developing another variant of the PA28 Arrow - the PA-28RT-201T Turbo Arrow IV. More details will follow shortly.

Martyn - JF

Fantastic news, Martyn.
May I ask you if you are planning to release a v.1.1 for the TB Socata pack too? There are some glitches that would require a little rework as in the PA-28R, among them takeoff trim, interior lighting and integration of Flight 1 GNS gauges. That would bring the TB10 and 20 to the same high-level standard as your recent PA-28R.

Anyway, thank you very much for your professional engagement and your efforts!

"I'm not sure what is causing that issue but I've added a refill menu option to the Arrow III menu.

Martyn - JF"

Hi Martyn, 

how will this work? A additional line in the menu?

I now have checked all good advices - without result. I don't get any refill-menu.

Martin Wright on the support wrote to me: 

""Are there any other onscreen menus or messages showing when you are moving the switch? Simconnect should be executing the code to display the menu in response to the switch but it can only display one at a time so if there is one already showing then it might not be able to"

Which detail will disturb my refill-menu? Is it the sign "academic license"?

regards

wohawa

15 hours ago, warbirds said:

I'd be lying if I said it ran as smoothly as a default aeroplane and I doubt if anyone would imagine it would; for one thing it has very high resolution textures both in the VC and on the outside, which are always gonna make something chug a bit more than the default aeroplanes with their lower resolution textures, and it is a very detailed 3D model too. For another, it is simulating quite a bit more stuff than a default aeroplane such as the Cessna 172 does. Having said that, it is actually not as bad on frame rates as that might suggest. Nevertheless, if you really push FS to extremes, it is possible to get your sim to start giving you OOM warnings with this PA-28 (although I've only had warnings, never actually had the program bomb out). I have found that their similarly impressive Socata Trinidad and Tobago add-on, which was also released not long ago, is actually ever so slightly less taxing on the sim, so if you wanted a nice GA aeroplane and were concerned about FPS, that's another good option, not least because you get two different aircraft in that package and it is the same price as the PA-28 although to get full functionality out of that Socata, you need Active Sky Next in order for the weather stormscope to function in that mode.

So, as a test in response to your question, I've just done my level best to have it bomb out FSX-SE and make it struggle on FPS, to which end I made a flight at dusk on one of my not great computers with: FSX-SE with photorealistic terrain of the UK loaded in, plus Revolution X custom autogen over the top of that, plus Night Environment UK turned on, plus the lighting which Revolution X also places (with bloom and lens flare turned on), plus Experience X night lighting on too (so the terrain was lit up like a Christmas Tree). Plus two high resolution mesh improvements loaded in at the same time, then flew from a payware airport (UK2000 EGGP), which is near enough (35 miles away) from another two or three payware airports to be loading them into the sim too (notably EGCC, which is a very busy airport and you can see these on the horizon, so those other payware airports and their attendant AI traffic are definitely loading into memory). Then just to make matters worse, I also had the FSX Power Project scenery on too (and that is known to be a big FPS hitter). I also had ground traffic on about 20 percent, plus AI commercial airliners and GA aroplanes on about 20 percent too, plus ships and leisure craft on at about 10 percent, also having DX-10 cloud shadows on, plus WAMA adding in hand-placed payware aircraft as AI on the ramp, and then on top of that, REX cloud textures and Active Sky Next loading in real world weather with the detail and cloud distance sliders maxed out. Then to make things even more of a struggle for the computer, I had FRAPS running to record it. Oh, and Accufeel was on too and Precipit as well, although not all settings were selected because the JF PA-28 has its own simulations of all that stuff.

The video is currently uploading to youtube, but will take a while since it is 6.25 Gigs in size because I recorded flying an entire flight from just after start up, taxying to the main, holding at the runway threshold for a landing airliner, taking off, flying a wide circuit at 2,000 feet, coming back to EGGP and landing again and taxying back to the ramp. The sim was averaging about 26 FPS, going high to about 45 FPS and occasionally dipping to 12 FPS with one or two stutters (nothing so bad as to prevent controlling the aeroplane properly). No OOM warnings sounded. You will be able to see in that video how completely over the top I went with lighting and other add-ons in the sim, and the PA-28 was still happily whizzing around at an acceptable frame rate, although you will actually also see that it can take half a second or so for some of those textures to load in occasionally when you switch views, but this is as I say, on a computer with a really low specs (so it's the computer, not the textures themselves causing that), and when I say low specs I mean really low (it's the one I normally only use for emails and writing copy): AMD Radeon 6900 GPU which has just 2Gigs of memory at a quite low bus speed, only a total of 8 Gigs of DDR3 RAM on the main board and a lowly i7 2600 processor. So on any sort of half decent PC better than that (i.e. pretty much every one there is), you won't need to worry.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

8 hours ago, Nortmar said:

I'm not sure what is causing that issue but I've added a refill menu option to the Arrow III menu.

MenuBar.jpg

Martyn - JF

Martyn, if its not too hard, it would be so much easier if this menu had ticks at the beginning of each toggle to show the state of the toggle. At the moment you have to select the toggle to see the state only to realise it may have been in the state you want and then you have to toggle it again to bring it back to where you want.

Also, with the refill menu, will it work at any time. Why I ask, I found that when I started a saved flight that started FL115, the engine cut with no oil etc (even though the previous saved flight had only been running for an hour). Then the refil menu was not available so I had to do forced landing (good practice) on a road so I could access the menu and fill the oil and recharge the batteries to be able to restart and then take off from the road again to resume the saved flight. Surely saving a flight can save the engine state so the flight can truely be resumed.

• Upvote 1

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

8 hours ago, Nortmar said:

Martyn - JF

Looking very very VERY forward!! Will cross the world with it!! Thanks JF! 

15 hours ago, warbirds said:

On my sim (specs below) I removed my limiter and saw frames between 31-34 in a typical situation at a commercial 3rd party airport. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM