Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

JustFlight PA-28R Arrow released

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

how will this work? A additional line in the menu?

Yes, it's an extra option in the PA28 menu (see my pic above).

The academic license watermark won't cause the refill menu not to appear. Unfortunately I can't reproduce the issue (with the brakes on, and engine/battery off) but hopefully the new menu option will allow you to access it.

May I ask you if you are planning to release a v.1.1 for the TB Socata pack too?

It's something that we are looking into.

it would be so much easier if this menu had ticks at the beginning of each toggle to show the state of the toggle

The menu is created when the aircraft is first loaded and isn't 'dynamic' so I'm not sure if it's possible to add a tick (hence the on-screen notification message) but I'll carry out some tests to see what can be done.

Also, with the refill menu, will it work at any time. 

Not currently but it can be made to. 

I'll have to double check but I think the oil/battery usage is currently always linked to the values in your previous Arrow flight, and that information isn't saved seperately and then restored for saved flights. No reason why that feature can't be added in the next update though.

BTW it should take quite a few hours to run low on oil. Let me know if you encountered that after only a short period.

Martyn - Just Flight

We're currently looking for people with experience on the PA-28R Arrow III Turbo or Arrow IV Turbo. Please PM me if you've got that experience and would like to help us.

Thanks
Martyn - JF

• Upvote 2

Martyn - Just Flight

On 3/9/2017 at 5:38 AM, Nortmar said:

We're currently looking for people with experience on the PA-28R Arrow III Turbo or Arrow IV Turbo. Please PM me if you've got that experience and would like to help us.

Thanks
Martyn - JF

PM sent. I'm regularly flying a PA-28R 200 right now as I work towards my Commercial certificate.

Hi!!

Im one of those who is undecided.

If any of you has the A2A cherokee, can you tell me how this compares to it? I saw the videos of this one and it looks amazing indeed. What im interested to know is how it compares in terms of systems fidelity, flight dynamics and if this one has maintenance and failures. And not only random failures but failures as result of bad handling on your part as pilot. 

Juan Ramos

48 minutes ago, xender said:

Hi!!

If any of you has the A2A cherokee, can you tell me how this compares to it? I saw the videos of this one and it looks amazing indeed. What im interested to know is how it compares in terms of systems fidelity, flight dynamics and if this one has maintenance and failures. And not only random failures but failures as result of bad handling on your part as pilot. 

+1

I think they said a demo will be available. Really waiting for this to try out. 

1 hour ago, xender said:

Hi!!

There's a fairly simple thing you can do if you want all that stuff going in pretty much any aeroplane. Just get A2A's Accufeel add on - which you can get for 12 quid from here:

https://www.simshack.net/products/accu-feel-v2-als-global-fsx-enhancement-961

Beyond that however, both of Just Flight's most recent GA add-ons: the Socata TB-10/TB-20 Trinidad and Tobago and the Piper PA-28 Arrow, have the following stuff modeled: Spark plug fouling, vapour lock, engine seizing caused by low oil quantity and battery failure. These are all selectable choices, and if you have them on, you will have to top up the oil and make sure the battery is okay. You can wait for a vapour lock to clear, or reset it via the menu and you can clear spark plug fouling as you would with the real thing; by giving it some welly on the throttle for a second or two, to burn off the oil, which you actually should do on descent anyway in pretty much any sim plane so that you don't crack the engine from shock cooling it too quickly, even if it doesn't actually simulate it.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

16 hours ago, Chock said:

There's a fairly simple thing you can do if you want all that stuff going in pretty much any aeroplane. Just get A2A's Accufeel add on - which you can get for 12 quid from here:

I have the A2A Cherokee and the Comanche. I do not have the JustFlight PA28 yet, but may get it. However, I have A2A's AccuFeel product and have applied it to several non-A2A aircraft. I can say that it does not duplicate all of the features I see in the A2A AccuSim aircraft. For example, the Cherokee and Comanche have cockpit vibrations when the engine is running, and it is a function of the power applied (slower vibrations at lower RPM, more rapid and smoother vibrations at higher RPM). It adds a lot to the immersion experience, and I do not see that this is added by AccuFeel to non-A2A aircraft. Also, AccuFeel does not change the flight dynamics model, nor does it add failures due to poor pilot operation. The features that AccuFeel adds are summarized in the product description on A2A's site (air turbulence effects, wind effects, ground effects, airframe integrity effects (rattles) brake squeal, etc...)

The A2A Cherokee and Comanche do model a number of features you mention on the JustFlight PA28: Spark plug fouling, vapour lock, engine seizing caused by low oil quantity and battery failure. And as far as systems fidelity, just about everything on the instrument panel is functional on the two A2A planes.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

To put it more simply, Accu-Feel adds camera and sound effects. Still it is great add-on for all default and some pay-ware. If you are running, say - Chaseplane then you already have most camera effects, so you are gaining advantage with sound effects.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

A question to the developer: 
Can we get a description of the local variables (Lvars) so it is easier to adapt to individual hardware components? A2A does provide that and it is a great service for customers.

I noticed that the Arrow III conflicts with my PFC Flight console, which is probably due to usage of non-standard variables/controls. I could fix that easily if I had the local variables available.

Thanks, Thomas

5 hours ago, allergiecheck said:

A question to the developer: 
Can we get a description of the local variables (Lvars) so it is easier to adapt to individual hardware components? A2A does provide that and it is a great service for customers.

I noticed that the Arrow III conflicts with my PFC Flight console, which is probably due to usage of non-standard variables/controls. I could fix that easily if I had the local variables available.

Thanks, Thomas

If you use LINDA you can get those for any aircraft.  Also, my LINDA module for this airplane is nearly finished, if that helps.  Also "log lvars.lua" in the FSUIPC examples should output all the LVars and their current values.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

7 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

If you use LINDA you can get those for any aircraft. 

Still like to write the Lua code myself, but thanks for the hint Gregg!