Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

JustFlight PA-28R Arrow released

3 hours ago, allergiecheck said:

Still like to write the Lua code myself, but thanks for the hint Gregg!

Just to be clear, go to the Settings tab and then click Linda Tracer on the right side.  The left column will contain the variables.  You may need to click Refresh at the top sometimes when switching aircraft.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I tried out SP2 today.  P-Factor is much better.  Flies very nice.  One thing is that I'm getting some pretty good stuttering.  Framerates at 30 (locked) okay but with some dips down in the low to mid-20s.  Might be my rig...dunno yet. 

EDIT:  The RealAir Turbine Duke, the hardest on frames in my hangar, is getting better frames...steady at 30.  Might be something amiss?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

3 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

EDIT:  The RealAir Turbine Duke, the hardest on frames in my hangar, is getting better frames...steady at 30.  Might be something amiss?

The RealAir T-Duke is harder on frames for you than the F1 Mustang?  On my system, the T-Duke is a pussycat (using dual RXP 530's in FSX).

Haven't had a chance to try SP2 yet.  Hopefully this weekend.

Scott

1 minute ago, tttocs said:

The RealAir T-Duke is harder on frames for you than the F1 Mustang?  On my system, the T-Duke is a pussycat (using dual RXP 530's in FSX).

They're about on par.  But, then again, I've removed the obstacles file from the Mustang...huge improvement. 

Gregg Seipp

Did you have any stuttering before SP2? The Arrow has always performed very well for me and off the top of my head I can't think of any changes in SP2 that could introduce stuttering.

Thanks
Martyn - Just Flight

Martyn - Just Flight

It's pretty much the same performance-wise pre and post patch for me, although I will say that it is fairly heavy on frame rates for a GA aeroplane, probably due to the high res textures and intricate modeling of the intruments.

What is worth trying if you want smoother FPS, is to knock of the high resolution VC setting in the sim; the cockpit still looks good anyway with that option turned off.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

7 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

They're about on par.  But, then again, I've removed the obstacles file from the Mustang...huge improvement. 

What obstacles are you referring to? I'd fly that bird a lot more if it wasn't so hard on frames.

JJL

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Guest Mik75

For me, it performs super smooth, just about as good as the A2A Chrokee. I use the F1 GTN750 in it, and I initially had stutters with that too. I changed the CPU setting in the GTN cfg tool from "ALL" to only Core "2", and after that, all the stutters are gone and fps are excellent. 

I always use "Medium" (1024) texture resolution in the P3D settings. 

2 hours ago, Mik75 said:

For me, it performs super smooth, just about as good as the A2A Chrokee. I use the F1 GTN750 in it, and I initially had stutters with that too. I changed the CPU setting in the GTN cfg tool from "ALL" to only Core "2", and after that, all the stutters are gone and fps are excellent. 

I'll try changing that.  I really want this airplane to be smooth.  It's a beautiful airplane!

Gregg Seipp

Thanks for SP2 @Martyn JF.   The FDE is now absolutely perfect, in line with my experience in a real world Arrow.

Just one thing - I was very excited when I saw reference to "sound improvements" in SP2, but was disappointed to note that there is still no audible reduction in RPMs when the prop lever is pulled back (until it reaches around 1800rpm - far too low).

I was hoping this would have been addressed so that a realistic depiction of a constant speed prop would now be provided.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

7 hours ago, Pivot said:

What obstacles are you referring to? I'd fly that bird a lot more if it wasn't so hard on frames.

JJL

O/T:-

Browse to [root simulator]\gauges\flight1_garminG1000_AUX

and rename the file F1G1000_Obstacles.dat to F1G1000_ObstaclesBAK.datBAK

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

7 hours ago, Pivot said:

37 minutes ago, JYW said:

...and then create a new empty  F1G1000_Obstacles.dat in that directory.  Also, turn the inset off on your PFD. 

Gregg Seipp

9 hours ago, Mik75 said:

I always use "Medium" (1024) texture resolution in the P3D settings. 

There is a entry in the .cfg file for vc textures, I think the default is 1024 so you can check it.

[PANELS]
IMAGE_QUALITY=1
SAVE_AND_LOAD_PANEL_STATE=0
MAX_VC_TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=4096

bob

2 hours ago, JYW said:

Thank you very much JYW, will give this a go when I get home this evening.

JJL

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders