Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

JustFlight PA-28R Arrow released

No apparent impact on frames with SP2 here.

1 hour ago, JYW said:

Just one thing - I was very excited when I saw reference to "sound improvements" in SP2, but was disappointed to note that there is still no audible reduction in RPMs when the prop lever is pulled back (until it reaches around 1800rpm - far too low).

I notice an audible noise change when reducing RPM from 2500 to about 2200, as I normally do when I initiate descent.

4 hours ago, JYW said:

Thanks for SP2 @Martyn JF.   The FDE is now absolutely perfect, in line with my experience in a real world Arrow.

Just one thing - I was very excited when I saw reference to "sound improvements" in SP2, but was disappointed to note that there is still no audible reduction in RPMs when the prop lever is pulled back (until it reaches around 1800rpm - far too low).

I was hoping this would have been addressed so that a realistic depiction of a constant speed prop would now be provided.

I agree. This is the one thing that detracts from enjoying this nice creation. Check out the real air duke to see how it should be done. Otherwise it's quite nice.

Dave

38 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

I agree. This is the one thing that detracts from enjoying this nice creation. Check out the real air duke to see how it should be done. Otherwise it's quite nice.

Dave

Agreed.     

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

I did a quick test with a different affinity mask and things seemed much smoother.  I can also confirm that the engine sound doesn't change until RPM is down around 2000 or less.  Other than that, it's hard to find a flaw.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

As soon as they fix the sound issue i will jump and buy it. Its so tempting...

• Upvote 1

Juan Ramos

It's simply a nice fun airplane.

Dave

On 3/24/2017 at 7:19 PM, barrel_owl said:

I notice an audible noise change when reducing RPM from 2500 to about 2200, as I normally do when I initiate descent.

Well that is odd because I have tested SP2 extensively, and don't hear an RPM change under any circumstances. As per above, dbw1 and Rainydaze also aren't hearing it.    I've scrutinized the sound.cfg and honestly don't think it's configured to depict an RPM change until the lower 30% of the prop scale.   Unfortunately the values are difficult to master and I haven't quite managed to fix the issue through my own tweaking.

Are you sure you're not just hearing the reduction in RPM because you reduce power also, for descent, so the RPMs go below the governed max?

The true way to test this, is under full power  = no RPM change until reaching 1900RPM (which at full power on take-off would probably kill the engine due to excessive manifold pressure!  :smile:

• Upvote 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 hour ago, JYW said:

Well that is odd because I have tested SP2 extensively, and don't hear an RPM change under any circumstances. As per above, dbw1 and Rainydaze also aren't hearing it.    I've scrutinized the sound.cfg and honestly don't think it's configured to depict an RPM change until the lower 30% of the prop scale.   Unfortunately the values are difficult to master and I haven't quite managed to fix the issue through my own tweaking.

Are you sure you're not just hearing the reduction in RPM because you reduce power also, for descent, so the RPMs go below the governed max?

The true way to test this, is under full power  = no RPM change until reaching 1900RPM (which at full power on take-off would probably kill the engine due to excessive manifold pressure!  :smile:

HI Bill,
actually I spent my last flying hours this morning on the TB-20 (which needs a lot of more rework than the PA28-R, in my view, while having the potential to reach the same level). I will test again the RPMs in the PA28R later tonight. 

Thanks for your input.

• Upvote 1

I am with Juan on this. If Justflight can sort out the sounds of the engine to react to the prop lever alone, as in the A2A Comanche and the RealAirs with constant speed propellers, I would jump on it, as it is otherwise a well-rounded package now. TSS needs to pull out the stops :)

A

On 3/26/2017 at 7:24 PM, barrel_owl said:

HI Bill,
actually I spent my last flying hours this morning on the TB-20 (which needs a lot of more rework than the PA28-R, in my view, while having the potential to reach the same level). I will test again the RPMs in the PA28R later tonight. 

Thanks for your input.

Sounds good, cheers Barrel!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

On 26/3/2017 at 2:01 PM, JYW said:

Hi Bill,

I finally managed to look into this issue while testing the new Orbx LOWI scenery I bought yesterday and yes: you are definitely right! There is no noticeable sound change when reducing RPMs from about 2500 RPMs to or below 2000 RPMs. I tested this in different situations, both on the ground and in-flight, and the behavior is the same. A sound change is only noticeable as soon as you pass about 1900 RPMs. So, you are unquestionably right. As you suspected, I was misled by the power reduction.
You see, this is a good example to demonstrate the difference between a real pilot and an armchair pilot. :happy:

• Upvote 1

Hi chaps,

We are currently busy working on some changes to the FDE related to the engine/prop, and will then be working with TSS to further investigate the reported sound issues. I'll post any updates here.

Thanks
Martyn

• Upvote 2

Martyn - Just Flight

As JYW would say 'sounds good'.  thanks for letting us know.

bob

• Upvote 1

Hi all,

Here are a few screenshots showing the exterior models of the upcoming Turbo Arrow III/IV (VC screenshots to follow soon).

Work is progressing well on the cockpit and flight dynamics. The product will feature two colour schemes for the cockpit, one for each variant, including new upholstery and less wear and tear than the already released normally-aspirated Arrow III.

Arrow_III_ext_1.jpg

Arrow_III_ext_3.jpg

Arrow_IV_ext_1.jpg

Arrow_IV_ext_4.jpg

Thanks
Martyn

• Upvote 3

Martyn - Just Flight

Let the repainting of the T-tail begin! 

Probably way too much to hope for a gauge configuration like this.  Much easier to see the gauges in the sim since they're up in the view.

0826988.jpg?v=v40

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM