Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

JustFlight PA-28R Arrow released

Hi Martyn,

Your interaction with customers is admirable and oh so welcome...

Yeah - just my feedback from a potential customer - while I'm sure it is 100% completely realistic (left hand on yoke right hand on throttle) - and may seem trivial - the drastic asymmetrical wear and tear on the pilot yoke did turn me off a bit - if I owned that plane - that would be the first new part I would be buying...

You're new work and attention to getting your released product right - is inspiring... I'll probably be picking up that Turbo Arrow if the reviews are a good...

OBTW - If you guys ever revisit that Duchess of yours I'd be first on line - the graphics on the panel were spot on and it would be nice to have a working Century autopilot again - it was a fun little bird to fly...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

8 hours ago, Martyn JF said:

Hi all,

Here are a few screenshots showing the exterior models of the upcoming Turbo Arrow III/IV (VC screenshots to follow soon).

Work is progressing well on the cockpit and flight dynamics. The product will feature two colour schemes for the cockpit, one for each variant, including new upholstery and less wear and tear than the already released normally-aspirated Arrow III.

Thanks
Martyn

Thanks for the update on the Turbo Arrow and T-Tail variant... looking good! I removed the pics from the quote to save space :)

Any news on that sound situation?

A

Turbo version looks nice. :cool:

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Any news on that sound situation?

Nothing new since my post on Tuesday. I'll update you all when I have more information.

If you guys ever revisit that Duchess of yours I'd be first on line

It's something that we are seriously considering!

Thanks
Martyn

• Upvote 1

Martyn - Just Flight

16 hours ago, Chock said:

Turbo version looks nice. :cool:

+1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Service pack 2.1 is now available:  http://www.justflight.com/support/pa28-arrow-iii/30fa7cc

Changes:

• Numerous improvements to FDE
  • RPM sound issue fixed
  • Improved compatibility with hardware (e.g. Saitek controls)
  • Oil pressure now drops when prop lever is used (a result of increased demand on oil system)
  • Increased RPM drop when carrying out magneto checks

Thanks
Martyn - Just Flight

• Upvote 3

Martyn - Just Flight

Nice, making a great sim aeroplane even better. :biggrin:

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

They've posted more previews for the turbo over at JustSim and it's looking good.

https://www.justflight.com/product/pa28r-turbo-arrow-iii-iv

Looks like they've added some nicer gauges too.  Just want to put in one more plug for a gauge rearrangement.  If the RPM and MP was up higher then I wouldn't have to zoom out or 'look down' to see them.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

In addition to the changes required for the Turbo variant (prime button, overboost light, different manifold/fuel-flow gauge etc), the Turbo Arrow III and IV have less worn cockpits than the existing Arrow III. As shown in the screenshots they also have different interior colour schemes.

Gregg - that cockpit is from one of the newer Arrow aircraft and it's a very different layout from the earlier Arrow that our products are based on. I agree that it's a more ergonomic layout!

Thanks
Martyn - Just Flight

Martyn - Just Flight

10 hours ago, Martyn JF said:

In addition to the changes required for the Turbo variant (prime button, overboost light, different manifold/fuel-flow gauge etc), the Turbo Arrow III and IV have less worn cockpits than the existing Arrow III. As shown in the screenshots they also have different interior colour schemes.

Gregg - that cockpit is from one of the newer Arrow aircraft and it's a very different layout from the earlier Arrow that our products are based on. I agree that it's a more ergonomic layout!

Thanks
Martyn - Just Flight

I see.  It looks like a great model...will probably become my low and slow default.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

@Martyn JF - Super excited to see the new update - with the RPM fixes!   Just downloading now and looking forward to testing her. :)

Thank you for your continued commitment to developing an already fantastic GA model, and your excellent approach to communicating with the community here.

First class job.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Feedback on SP2.1:-

• RPM sounds - a huge improvement. RPM reduction can be heard from 2300RPM (was previously not until 1900RPM).  2300 is still a little too low before hearing any RPM reduction - ideally, we should be hearing the reduction from 2500RPM, which is the governed max.  But again, it's a huge improvement which makes the plane more realistic and enjoyable.
  • Electric trim movement seems to be much much slower (a little like the A2A planes now, which IMHO is far too slow).  No biggie and a small change to the CFG and I was able to set it for my own preferences.
  • The FDE is a lot more lively now.  Feels great overall but with 2.1 the roll axis seems very sensitive and it can be challenging to keep the wings level, with constant control input required.   The wind at the time of testing was 240/16 so not excessive.

These are just the constructive critical aspects though - overall it's fantastic and certainly my favourite GA single in the sim.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

1 hour ago, JYW said:

Electric trim movement seems to be much much slower (a little like the A2A planes now, which IMHO is far too slow).  No biggie and a small change to the CFG and I was able to set it for my own preferences.

Agreed, I made a major change to the elevator_trim_effectiveness in the .cfg to my liking, recalling my Archer/Warrior flying days. Also, the flaps down/tail up effect seems a bit over done. I don't recall fighting the pitch down effect as much when applying a notch of flap. Also something that is easily tweaked to one's preference. 

Terrific aircraft though and I wish huge sales for JF...A five star product in my book!   

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

1 hour ago, Rainydaze said:

Agreed, I made a major change to the elevator_trim_effectiveness in the .cfg to my liking, recalling my Archer/Warrior flying days. Also, the flaps down/tail up effect seems a bit over done. I don't recall fighting the pitch down effect as much when applying a notch of flap. Also something that is easily tweaked to one's preference. 

Terrific aircraft though and I wish huge sales for JF...A five star product in my book!   

Hi, if you want to change the rate (speed) of the trim movement, rather than it's aerodynamic effectiveness, you might want to change the effectiveness value back, and instead go to the [airplane_geometry] section of the aircraft.cfg, and change the elevator_trim_limit value from 35, down to 19.  (this speeds up trim movement).

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A

6 hours ago, JYW said:

Hi, if you want to change the rate (speed) of the trim movement, rather than it's aerodynamic effectiveness, you might want to change the effectiveness value back, and instead go to the [airplane_geometry] section of the aircraft.cfg, and change the elevator_trim_limit value from 35, down to 19.  (this speeds up trim movement).

Thanks Bill, I'll surely try that....all these years I've been messing with 'effectiveness'. Love it when I learn a new trick! Thank you.

Greg

• Upvote 1

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.