Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

JustFlight PA-28R Arrow released

22 minutes ago, Martyn JF said:

Without getting too technical, the code which triggers the refill menu is using a standard SimConnect function. Unlike when using the ELT switch to toggle the refill menu, the option available from the menu bar has no conditions attached to it (i.e. parked on the ground with the engine off etc) so there shouldn't be anything else to prevent the refill menu from appearing.

Can you contact our support team so we can run some tests to find the cause?

Thanks
Martyn

Thanks Martyn, I have done that yesterday and am just for waiting a reply, I guess extra information will be the next step.

Hi all,

The Turbo Arrow is now available. Existing Arrow III owners should have received an email with discount information. 

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn - Just Flight

1 hour ago, Martyn JF said:

Hi all,

The Turbo Arrow is now available. Existing Arrow III owners should have received an email with discount information. 

Thanks
Martyn

Thanks Martyn.  Is she P3Dv4 compatible?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

1 hour ago, Martyn JF said:

Hi all,

Thanks
Martyn

Anyone could point out the benefits of having the turbo version except better engine? I own the Arrow III and thinking if I should take the discount to the turbo version. :)

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Hi...

In real life - that's about it - you might get a few more knots and it's more suited to operating at higher altitudes... Depending on the geography of where you are flying - this added performance might be nice to have...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi...

In real life - that's about it - you might get a few more knots and it's more suited to operating at higher altitudes... Depending on the geography of where you are flying - this added performance might be nice to have...

Regards,

Scott

And that´s not the end. The operation of turbo arrow is a little different, for example Throttle Settings on takeoff, you cannot just hit F4 or pull everything forward. She have´s a limit of 41MP and when you put the throttle above this number the OVER BOOST light turns on and this is not good for the engine. The engine is not the same of the Aspirated one... 

4 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Thanks Martyn.  Is she P3Dv4 compatible?

She will be shortly, as will the Arrow III which has been in P3D v4 for a while now but is undergoing some more tests.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn - Just Flight

17 hours ago, Daedalus said:

Anyone could point out the benefits of having the turbo version except better engine? I own the Arrow III and thinking if I should take the discount to the turbo version. :)

As Scott said, it can fly faster and higher. Also:

• Two new exterior models (new prop/cowling, T-tail etc)
  • New cockpit controls (primer button, overboost light, three-position fuel pump switch etc)
  • Cleaner/less-worn cockpit, with two colour schemes (blue/brown)
  • New flight dynamics (T-tail is quite a bit different in feel to the Arrow III)
  • Ten new liveries 

Not bad for the price of a cinema ticket but then I'm obviously biased :biggrin:

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn - Just Flight

Just in case anyone was having difficulty locating the email with the discount details (as I was) for people who have already got the normally aspirated version of the aircraft, note that the email with the offer code is from the email address scott.phillips@justflight.com and not from the email account auto@justflight.com which is the one regular news updates from Just Flight get sent from. It didn't go into spam on my email, but it did throw me a bit when looking for the specific email with the offer code.

Also note that the offer discount code you get if you bought the regular version expires on June 30th 2017, so you've got a bit of time to act on the offer. It allows you to add it to your hangar for a very reasonable £9.99 (Sterling), which of course can be futher discounted with any reward points you have (as I did, throwing 150 points at it, to drop the price to £8.49, which is of course even nicer). Regular price is £27.99, which itself is not bad to be fair, but that's quite a nice discount offer for those who have bought the normally aspirated Arrow who fancy flying a bit higher and faster in a PA-28.

Hopefully this and other nice aeroplanes from JF will eventually wend their way into becoming available for Flight Sim World when that eventually gets released out of Early Access.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Just need a floatplane version of it now, he hinted. And yes, although not as common as other GA types on floats, there really is a floatplane version of the Cherokee.

Alan Bradbury

We've been working with DTG for a while to get the Arrow III into FSW but unfortunately there are currently limitations with regards to the SDK. We are working on it though, and intend to support FSW and P3Dv4.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn - Just Flight

Yup, with so many features of FSW presently in flux as they work through it and tweak stuff, it is understandable that DTG would not really see the point in putting an SDK out there, since it woud clearly be out of date in a matter of days, but I'm sure they'll get around to it. Actually not rushing something like an SDK out there and creating a situation where developers start working on stuff only to have the rug pulled from under them is actually a good thing.

It's already apparent to me that the developers who are happily selling stuff on Steam for FSX-SE would see no reason to not continue to do that with FSW, so I'm sure that when an SDK is in place, things will start moving. In the meantime of course, we can cheerfully whizz around the skies in FS with the new JF Turbo Arrow and that's cool, so thanks for getting that one out there in such a timely fashion.

Yet another one of the reasons why JF is hands-down my favourite FS developer, and yes, I know I am biased because of being a Brit, which probably makes me a bit biased toward DTG too, but there you go, more G registrations on aeroplanes! Rule Britannia... etc.

Incidentally, having now given the Turbo Arrow a bit of a test flight, I can confirm that it is very cool.

Alan Bradbury

Just picked up the Arrow Turbo - bargain upgrade price (thanks for that).  I had some JF points, so the Arrow Turbo cost me £4.29 !! :)

Taking it for a spin around Wales (from Welshpool) this afternoon.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Hello I am sorry if this has been asked before, but is the default gps upgradable with navdata from navigraph?

I ask because I have not purchased a gps unit since upgrading first to fsx steam and finally I am going to p3d for p3dv4. I cannot afford the fligh1 gps products currently (going to save my money for the PMDG airplanes and Active sky products I have to re-purchase for p3d) and I'd like to fly this aircraft with a gps capable of just programming basic flight plans. Is that possible? I tried reading the product details but could not find anything about this. Thank you.

The GPS 100 uses information from the default flight planner and is not a fully-functioning custom GPS unit like the Flight GTN or GNS, so no use of Navigraph data etc.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn - Just Flight