Sign in to follow this  
AZWildk4t

PMDG 737 Comm Encoder

How do I map the dual-centric encoder used for the VHF Comm Radio?  I cannot find an option for this under the VHF menu list.

How do I map the dual-centric encoder used for the VHF Comm Radio?  I cannot find an option for this under the VHF menu list.

What hardware are you trying to map to the VHF radio?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

LINDA only works with buttons and HATS on joystick type HID devices. It can read these from the Leo Bodnar cards but it does not read the encoders.

The Setup Joystick page should lists the number of buttons and HATS the LNB card presents to LINDA. The Joysticks page for the card will highlight a line when a button is pressed.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA only works with buttons and HATS on joystick type HID devices. It can read these from the Leo Bodnar cards but it does not read the encoders.

The Setup Joystick page should lists the number of buttons and HATS the LNB card presents to LINDA. The Joysticks page for the card will highlight a line when a button is pressed.

Sorry but that's not entirely true. I have these encoders working perfectly with my OC MCP panels connected to a Leo Bodnar card. I have the NGX CRS L Inc & Dec mapped without any problems.

Aside from the encoder, there is no module/script to handle the pushbuttons for TXFR and COMM TEST.

Sorry. I thought you were trying to something different. Your original question confused me.

All radio operations are treated as generic with default functions handling all radio frequency selection and swapping. This includes the transfer (swap) but not the test functions. Therefore, no extra radio functions have implemented for specific aircraft except for DME/CRS.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

The default functions are located in the Library FSX DEFAULT file under the function names Default_Radio_. The file is named fallback.lua.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Where do I find the default COMM modules? This is all I see for FSX Default:

• isAvionicsOn
  • Radios DME AUDIO toggle
  • Radios ADF AUDIO toggle
  • Radios NAV AUDIO toggle
  • Radios COM AUDIO toggle
  • Radios OMI AUDIO toggle

The default functions are located in the Library FSX DEFAULT file under the function names Default_Radio_. The file is named fallback.lua.

I have a lib_fallback.lua but not fallback.lua. I am running Linda 2.8.7 but the lib_fallback.lua shows 2.6.9. 

Please see my screenshot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2utcgyzrt9ihaq/Linda-Default-Comm.PNG?dl=0

Here's a screenshot of the FSX Default menu

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8lucwdt9xvbfy6/Linda-FSXDefault-Menu.jpg?dl=0

I must apologise for the wrong information. I am away from my system and working from memory.

First, I strongly recommend you update to LINDA 2.9.2 and FSUIPC4 4.962a. While I try to update the many individual sub files with the release version number this is not always the case if the file contents are unchanged.

You have found the Library file I was pointing you at - lib_fallback.lua. The other radio_ function I believe are buried in the core common.lua file whose functions cannot be assigned directly. They are there for internal use for VRI panel functionality.

Should you wish to call the radios default functions you will need to embed them in another function. They functions should be placed in either libs_users.lua (for all aaircraft located in /linda/libs/) or user.lua in specific aircraft (in /linda/aircrafts/{your aircraft}/). You will to write a shell function like:

function myRadioCall()

Radio_com_something()

end

Please bear with me as this is from memory.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

AZWildek4t

I take it you are just wanting to dail-in Com1 radio?

If so, you will find what you are looking for under 'Set FSX Control'...

COM_RADIO_WHOLE_DEC

COM_RADIO_WHOLE INC

etc.

Chris

Christopher Bell.