Sign in to follow this  
threexgreen

PMDG pax weight values

What values for passenger weight does PMDG use? They are not corresponding with PFPX/TOPCAT values are they? After putting in the payload on the page in the FMC I always get a substantial difference in ZFW.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

PFPX allows you to vary the pax and baggage weight, it would be a rare coincidence if the two were equal.  Keep it simple, just load the ZFW and don't worry about numbers of pax, baggage and cargo.

Dan Downs KCRP

For the 737 its 175lbs/79.38kgs per PAX

Never seen any variation of pax weights in PFPX. It allows different PAX weights for Intercontinental, International and Domestic flights, but payload calculations are always based on a fixed PAX weight, at least in my case. Or is this a feature i missed?

Never seen any variation of pax weights in PFPX.

Open configuration, select weights, set desire pax weights.

Dan Downs KCRP

Open configuration, select weights, set desire pax weights.

I know, but those weights are fixed per type of flight

23 hours ago, downscc said:

Keep it simple, just load the ZFW and don't worry about numbers of pax, baggage and cargo.

My VA gives me pax numbers for each flight and I have to stick to that. Guess I'll just have to put the value woozie mentioned into PFPX then.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

On 2/23/2017 at 7:43 PM, woozie said:

For the 737 its 175lbs/79.38kgs per PAX

Are you sure? I set the weights in PFPX accordingly but still have a difference of about 3000 lbs.

PFPX separates the weight of baggage from the rest of the cargo, which probably accounts for your weight discrepancy.

If I remember correctly, the weight per passenger plus the baggage weight in PFPX should equal the weight per passenger in the NGX.

Walter Meier

So the NGX includes the weight of baggage per pax in the total weight per passenger?

I put the number of pax and the weight of cargo in the compartments into the FMC page but I still get different weights. Before, I put the carry-on baggage into the cargo compartments and didn't add any additional cargo because TOPCAT got me confused.

When I use TOPCAT and PFPX I don't try to integrate them. As a matter of fact , they are on two different computers. The only weight entry I make in PFPX is the payload. I don't enter the number of passengers or their weight or cargo. Just the payload. The only weight entry I enter in TOPCAT is Take Off Weight on the Take Off Page. I make no entries on the Weight and Balance Page.

It is further complicated by the fact that different airlines have differing passenger capacities in their 737s. As suggested by someone else above, just go with whatever ZFW PFPX calculates.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

No, the PMDG number is PAX weight only, without baggage. I use customized PFPX and TOPCAT profiles with the 747 and the FSL A320 and the numbers always match. 

Make sure you double check the ZFW value in PFPX. Even though i dont own the 737NGX (only got the 747 QOSII) i helped a fellow simmer to setup PFPX and TOPCAT profiles for this Aircraft. I recall that we had to adjust the ZFW of the standard PFPX profiles as it didnt match with the NGX ZFW for whatever reason. 

Try the following: Load the NGX and empty any payload stations. DOW and ZFW should now be the same. Make sure that your aircraft profile in PFPX has the same ZFW setting. Now load 100 PAX and check by how much the ZFW number has increased. It should be 18500 lbs. Now add 100 PAX in PFPX and see if the numbers match (make sure you delete the automatic calculated baggage weight in PFPX for the test)

Keep in mind that there will always be a slight difference due to conversion/rounding when using LBS as PFPX uses KGS as base unit, even when you switch to LBS within PFPX. However, this should be marginal and doesnt really affect fuel calculations. Also always use adult weights as PMDG doesnt offer sepearate kid or infant weights.  

PAX weights are stored in registry for both, PFPX and TOPCAT. I use reg-files to switch pax weights everytime i switch addon aircraft. Much quicker than manually hacking in the numbers in settings every time. 

There was a bug in PFPX where it ignored your customized weights in certain situations, but that should be fixed by now.

I should still have the correct numbers for the 737 somewhere on my PC at home. Will check next time and post them here

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, woozie said:

No, the PMDG number is PAX weight only, without baggage. I use customized PFPX and TOPCAT profiles with the 747 and the FSL A320 and the numbers always match. 

Make sure you double check the ZFW value in PFPX. Even though i dont own the 737NGX (only got the 747 QOSII) i helped a fellow simmer to setup PFPX and TOPCAT profiles for this Aircraft. I recall that we had to adjust the ZFW of the standard PFPX profiles as it didnt match with the NGX ZFW for whatever reason. 

Try the following: Load the NGX and empty any payload stations. DOW and ZFW should now be the same. Make sure that your aircraft profile in PFPX has the same ZFW setting. Now load 100 PAX and check by how much the ZFW number has increased. It should be 18500 lbs. Now add 100 PAX in PFPX and see if the numbers match (make sure you delete the automatic calculated baggage weight in PFPX for the test)

Keep in mind that there will always be a slight difference due to conversion/rounding when using LBS as PFPX uses KGS as base unit, even when you switch to LBS within PFPX. However, this should be marginal and doesnt really affect fuel calculations. Also always use adult weights as PMDG doesnt offer sepearate kid or infant weights.  

PAX weights are stored in registry for both, PFPX and TOPCAT. I use reg-files to switch pax weights everytime i switch addon aircraft. Much quicker than manually hacking in the numbers in settings every time. 

There was a bug in PFPX where it ignored your customized weights in certain situations, but that should be fixed by now.

I should still have the correct numbers for the 737 somewhere on my PC at home. Will check next time and post them here

It would be really great if you found the numbers. I thought about different weights too, the only explanation really. In the meantime I'm just putting in the ZFW from the OFP.

Found two profiles, one for single class config in KGS and one for dual class in LBS. Order is the same as in PFPX aircraft window

SINGLE CLASS KGS:
DOW 41413   MZFW 62686  MTOW 79243  MRMP 79607  MLW 66361 PAX 174  CGO  7439  FUEL 208891

DUAL CLASS LBS:
DOW 91300  MZFW  136100  MTOW 174700  MRMP 175100  MLW 146300  PAX 162  CGO 16400  FUEL 46057

As mentioned, i switch pax weights in PFPX using a reg file based on the addon aircraft i fly. You could use this example for 737 PAX weights. Base weight is in KGS even if you set LBS in PFPX. When you set the weights in PFPX properties, you can only enter full numbers. The reg method allows to define the numbers more precisely

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\FlightSimSoft.com\PFPX]
"StdAdultWeightScheduled"="79.379"
"StdChildWeightScheduled"="79.379"
"StdInfantWeightScheduled"="0.000"
"StdAdultWeightNonScheduled"="79.379"
"StdChildWeightNonScheduled"="79.379"
"StdInfantWeightNonScheduled"="0.000"
"StdAdultWeightOther"="79.379"
"StdChildWeightOther"="79.379"
"StdInfantWeightOther"="0.000"
"StdAdultWeightMilitary"="79.379"
"StdChildWeightMilitary"="79.379"
"StdInfantWeightMilitary"="0.000"
"StdAdultWeightGA"="79.379"
"StdChildWeightGA"="79.379"
"StdInfantWeightGA"="0.000"
"StdMaleWeightScheduled"="79.379"
"StdFemaleWeightScheduled"="79.379"
"StdMaleWeightNonScheduled"="79.379"
"StdFemaleWeightNonScheduled"="79.379"
"StdMaleWeightNonOther"="110.000"
"StdFemaleWeightNonOther"="85.000"
"StdMaleWeightMilitary"="79.379"
"StdFemaleWeightMilitary"="79.379"
"StdMaleWeightGA"="79.379"
"StdFemaleWeightGA"="79.379"

On 2/28/2017 at 10:05 PM, woozie said:

As mentioned, i switch pax weights in PFPX using a reg file based on the addon aircraft i fly. You could use this example for 737 PAX weights. Base weight is in KGS even if you set LBS in PFPX. When you set the weights in PFPX properties, you can only enter full numbers. The reg method allows to define the numbers more precisely

Thanks, but I think I'll stick to just putting in the ZFW number in the FMC. I found that you can't use 79.379 for children in TOPCAT because the limit is something like 132lbs which is why I would encounter discrepancies between PFPX and TOPCAT.