Sign in to follow this  
caaront

Bring back the front page "Most active topics" and "Threads you are active in"

This is just another cookie cutter website with the forums changed up like this.

• Upvote 9

Aaron Tirrell

Indeed, how do you know what is going on, if there's something important to read, what there is to respond to, or what someone needs help with? I dont think I'll be the only one who doesnt have the time to be jumping from forum to forum, all day, to manually search for relevant items.

• Upvote 4

Cheers!

Maarten

Agreed 100%. Bring those two back and I can live with this change. Without them, I see myself visiting the Avsim forums way less than I have been. I know I'm not alone.

James

• Upvote 2

It's still here, only you have to go get it...

Click the Unread Content link:

unreadContent.jpg

..and then you'll see different options for displaying new content, including threads you are participating in:

ownership.jpg

• Upvote 1

Looks like I will miss this forum,,,no active post shown, no active post I have made or added to shown. Why?

And the narrowed posting area just to show crap on the right side is horrible and it shrinks our signatures to much too small. Why?

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

The old system of showing active and personally relevant topics was better....

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, Holdit said:

..and then you'll see different options for displaying new content, including threads you are participating in:

Yea but that system does work at least for me. I select everything up the site does not update it, it just stayed on what I selected. If it try to refresh it, it just go back to defaults.

Edited by n4gix
Removed quoted images.

3 hours ago, Holdit said:

I think it's very unpratical. There is no proper overview, you're constantly scrolling and switching pages. The thing is that with the old format, you had a complete overview of what is going on in general, as well as with the posts your active in, in a single glance. Now you have to dive into it, scroll and switch pages to get an overview and I can tell up front that I will not be doing that while I'm working on other stuff, with the result that my activity will drop to, at most, having a look, one or two times a day, at the things that are important for me and I know that are there. So basicly, I'll be only looking for answers to my own questions. Most likely, a lot of other people will do the same, which means a huge drop in questions actually being answered. I'm afraid that that's what it'll come down to and that's completely different from what we had, that you see a intereseting title pass by, which motivates you to drop in. This is not a system that keeps me up to date, because that's 'just what happens', so to speak.

Cheers!

Maarten

I do not like the new format at all. It is very poorly laid out and very ineffective to view.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Hrmmm...what possible motivation could a website have to purposefully cause you to have to change pages more often...

I'm sure we can figure this out.