Sign in to follow this  
RuiMC

XP pb12 is out

XP pb12 is out. Downloading now.

i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, 32GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB (X-Plane 11, X-Plane 10)

i7-2630QM 2.0Ghz, 12GB RAM, GTX560M 3GB (X-Plane 9, FSX, FS2004)

3 minutes ago, RuiMC said:

XP pb12 is out. Downloading now.

Thanks let me know what you think

Rich Sennett

At a very quick first look, frame rates are maybe a little bit better (+5/10% better), between pb12 and pb11. pb8 is still the one with better FPS for me. pb12 looks stable but have not completed a full flight yet.

58b0670013262_X-Plane2017-02-2410-57-24-57.jpg.129931bff9e412513529ae4ee79a8d93.jpg

i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, 32GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB (X-Plane 11, X-Plane 10)

i7-2630QM 2.0Ghz, 12GB RAM, GTX560M 3GB (X-Plane 9, FSX, FS2004)

It appears people are jumping the shark over the release date of XP11, which puts it about a month out.  Since we have now hit PB12, I have to question whether we will hit RC status, and if so, how many of those before an RTM?

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I think there is someway to go before it hits stable. The trees still glow, the banding in the sky is still there, but overall it's becoming a pretty solid release. These major issues (for me) will eventually get fixed at some point, maybe even after v11 goes live.

Thanks guys hoping this sky issue would be done but looks like it wont be under beta

Rich Sennett

I am parked at the gate here at Love Field in the IEXG 737 and I am noticing that the jetways and buildings.. appear to be.... shaking slightly.    Likethey are vibrating back and forth.  Anyone else notice scenery jittering when standing still?

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

"Updated commands list and art assets"

Do they mean the GUI? So far i see no huge differences to PB11.

No trees fix, no ATC improvement, still band in the sky, no seasons, same water....you mean XP12 was released ...ah stupid me...it's PB12 ...

Art assets generally refer to autogen or library objects. So maybe they added some more European buildings (I noticed the texture sheets were only half used).

29 minutes ago, tonywob said:

I think there is someway to go before it hits stable. The trees still glow, the banding in the sky is still there, but overall it's becoming a pretty solid release. These major issues (for me) will eventually get fixed at some point, maybe even after v11 goes live.

Those issues you mention are cosmetic (also the moon and stars missing in HDR), but I would be very surprised if they're not fixed in a last pass for the release candidate versions.

These are non-critical for those of us mainly interested in the flight aspects of the sim, but X-Plane will be savaged by non-aviation reviewers on "gaming" sites and YouTube reviews if that sky banding is still there. Non-aviation gaming reviews (especially on Steam) are still important to overall X-Plane sales and interest.

I know we're all anxious to see a final version so we can start looking for updated utilities and plane models. But if it takes another month to fix the graphics glitches, then they should take that extra time (IMO). It's not like we can't fly the betas in the meantime, and they're getting more solid with every release.

• Upvote 3

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Yep it is certainly cosmetic, but I also think very important if you're a VFR flyer who spends most of the time looking out of the window. Also don't underestimate how much harm a Youtube video or screenshots can do to a potential buyer (The sky banding in particular is actually pretty bad).

I'm fully aware of how the XP eco system works, I remember going through the same thing with XP9 and XP10. I have no doubt XP11 will be an incredible, but it will take a few versions before it gets there (...and LR are hiring new developers). 

2 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

Those issues you mention are cosmetic (also the moon and stars missing in HDR), but I would be very surprised if they're not fixed in a last pass for the release candidate versions.

These are non-critical for those of us mainly interested in the flight aspects of the sim, but X-Plane will be savaged by non-aviation reviewers on "gaming" sites and YouTube reviews if that sky banding is still there. Non-aviation gaming reviews (especially on Steam) are still important to overall X-Plane sales and interest.

I know we're all anxious to see a final version so we can start looking for updated utilities and plane models. But if it takes another month to fix the graphics glitches, then they should take that extra time (IMO). It's not like we can't fly the betas in the meantime, and they're getting more solid with every release.

Well said sir, couldn't agree more.  It's pretty easy to spot gamers vs. simmers, and regarding the visuals, I don't put that at the top of my fix list.  Shaking ground is temporary, sky banding is what it is, and since I'm learning and enjoying flying, I'd suspect that is more important to LR right now.  They've been well aware of the banding and low fps due to texture optimization for a long time now, so that too will get sorted.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit