Sign in to follow this  
RuiMC

XP pb12 is out

11 minutes ago, mwilk said:

This is what happens when you're using beta software. This happens with P3D after an update where certain addons won't work until they're updated. You rolls the dice, you takes your chances.

Speaking of P3D, where is v4. I was looking forward to trying that today :-)

XP11 is no different, my Alabeo helicopters won't work, and the sky and haze don't suit me, so at the moment I'm still on XP10.

At least we have options. Wait until P3D goes 64 bit and nothing works with it.

NAX669.png

2 minutes ago, mwilk said:

At least we have options. Wait until P3D goes 64 bit and nothing works with it.

Scenery wise, ORBX have said their scenery will be a free upgrade, so 1 point for P3D there. But apart from most payware aircaft, apart from PMDG's 747, I don't know what will be offered for free. But why give out something for free when you can charge a pro 64-bit license for it ;-)

• Upvote 1

Just tested the CRJ and it was fine.  It did crash the first time while it was loading, but on the second try it was fine.  The BSS sounds may be a bit off on engine noise taxiing, not sure about that.

Edit: IXEG...loads, starts, right throttle lever seems disconnected...animates, doesn't control the engine.  Oh well....Jimm has the right idea (below).  

It's times like this when I'm glad I have a 9 to 5 job so I can watch everything and unfold, while I can come home to the previous beta. lol

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

1 hour ago, Paraffin said:

My payware Turbo Goose, Carenado PC-12, and RWDesigns Twin Otter work fine, loading with engines running in pb12.

I take that back. I just did a short (150nm) FSEconomy flight in the Carenado PC-12, everything fine up to the end of cruise, then I had an engine fire when starting the descent about 15 nm from the destination.

It happened when I pulled the throttle back for descent, and I might have gone all the way to idle at one point. ITT started going nuts, cycling back and forth, then finally the engine stopped. So I guess that triggered it?

I managed to make a pretty cool dead stick landing to the runway. Well, okay... about 100 meters short, but still coasted onto the runway. But that's not the kind of excitement I'm looking for on a flight like this.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Yep that's where I have the issues...  pull the power back and it somehow turns off the engine.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Has anyone tried to reinstall the aircraft that are affected, just to see if perhaps the new beta overwrote a file that the aircraft use?  Just a thought.

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

25 minutes ago, Jimm said:

Has anyone tried to reinstall the aircraft that are affected, just to see if perhaps the new beta overwrote a file that the aircraft use?  Just a thought.

I just tried reinstalling the Jardesign A320 and no joy. The fuel flow never kicks in to start the engine.

NAX669.png

Just now, mwilk said:

I just tried reinstalling the Jardesign A320 and no joy. The fuel flow never kicks in to start the engine.

Out of curiosity, are you using the Beta of the JD A320?  I read somewhere that they released it for use and something about paying an upgrade fee.  Since the original worked fine for me, I'm debating on whether to get the upgrade.

Quick report. Loaded XP11 PB12. Started latest version of FF757 V2. Cold and dark starts without any problems. Looks like fps little improved.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 hours ago, Jimm said:

I don't think that's the problem, because all the data for plane performance is in the .acf file, and a new beta doesn't touch those.

It's probably one of these new changes in the pb12 release notes:

-- Authors may need to recalibrate their idle levels for recip-props.
-- Jet engine thrust for taxi fixed.
-- Flight model improvements to manifold pressure, jet engine & electric engines.

I hope Laminar doesn't just take the attitude that if the changes aren't causing problems in the default XP11 planes, then it's all on the heads of the payware developers to catch up. As I said earlier, I don't think that will work. XP11 will have a stronger release when it goes final if it works with at least some, if not most, of the payware XP10 planes. It looks like this pb12 is breaking almost everything that isn't a default XP11 plane.

I had something like 7 of my most-flown payware planes from XP10 that worked, with minimal issues, in the public betas before this one.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

2 hours ago, Jimm said:

Out of curiosity, are you using the Beta of the JD A320?  I read somewhere that they released it for use and something about paying an upgrade fee.  Since the original worked fine for me, I'm debating on whether to get the upgrade.

Yes, I paid the upgrade and it worked fine with the previous beta but no go with this one. When I tried to use the older version in XP11 I had all kinds of issues.

NAX669.png

Believe the folks at IGEX has basically stated it would be very unwise to update anything to XP11 until which time it is final as this Austin will and does change things without warning nor explanation. I believe that is the best policy. Im happy using XP 10 with stars, sun etc. I also see very little difference if any apart from the interface.