Sign in to follow this  
Toad

Cannot fly NGX tutorials

When I load a tutorial the NGX nose dives and crashes if I don't exit the sim. When it first loads the auto throttle and auto pilot are engaged but within a second they turn off and the acft nose dives. If I wait until the acft has completely loaded(the countdown at the top of the screen has stopped, I have crashed).

FOR THE PMGD STAFF:

Normally when such as this happens I uninstall and reinstall the acft. But now when I rescind the license using the FMC (as I finally learned is the way to do it!!!!) it I get a message that my license has run it's course (not verbatim) and if I rescind the license I cannot use the NGX anymore. I purchased the extended download service but I guess that has run out also. So now if I do uninstall the NGX I have, will I have to buy it again?

Thanks, as always for any help.

Roger Douglas

Both tutorials start on the ground, follow the instructions step by step in the tutorial documents.

There is no reason to uninstall/install the product, which usually creates more problems than it solves.  Also, there is no reason to turn in the license if you do uninstall/install. The only reasons for turning in a license are for things like new HDD or OS.

Contact PMDG Product Support via a trouble ticket to have your license activation counter reset.

Dan Downs KCRP

Morning, I Made an error on my first post and Dan Downs reminded me of it. I guess I should have said the portions of the tutorials I was referring to were "Tutorial #2 Before Top of Descent" and "Tutorial #2 Before Visual Approach". I use the "Before Visual Approach"  to set up my CFG file to get the best frame rates as suggested on you tube by "doofer". The 2 main Tutorials do indeed start on the ground. Thanks for your reply and for showing me my omission/error. Also, thanks for the info about uninstalling/installing causing more problems.  I will contact PMDG thru a trouble ticket about the license.

Roger Douglas