Sign in to follow this  
iNemesis

G1000 Victor airways

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you are able to get Victor airways on the G1000. I have tried but I am not having any luck. Is that something that is not possible with the current 1.1 version?

It's only possible if you have the Navigraph extension they sell.  Most people would not recommend that due to the issues, however.  Otherwise, you're stuck adding every waypoint that makes up the airway.

On 2/27/2017 at 10:03 AM, C525B said:

It's only possible if you have the Navigraph extension they sell.  Most people would not recommend that due to the issues, however.  Otherwise, you're stuck adding every waypoint that makes up the airway.

I did notice that. I bough it before reading up on  how bad it is.

9 hours ago, iNemesis said:

I did notice that. I bough it before reading up on  how bad it is.

Yeah...kind of a bummer.  I made that mistake with the Phenom 300, but never again.  I have a few Carenado/Alabeo add-ons with their G1000 and for all of them I've been using the RXP GNS530 (I'm still on FSX) in a pop-up window to do all navigating.  With the LinkGPS feature on, the RXP GNS will send all its data to the G1000, so the FPL page on the G1000 will list all your waypoints and the route line will appear on the map...you just can't make any changes there.  It's a compromise, but provides the most usability.  Other people prefer the F1 GTN mods which turn the whole MFD into a giant GTN750 screen, but my opinion is that it ruins the look and feel of the cockpit.

20 hours ago, C525B said:

Yeah...kind of a bummer.  I made that mistake with the Phenom 300, but never again.  I have a few Carenado/Alabeo add-ons with their G1000 and for all of them I've been using the RXP GNS530 (I'm still on FSX) in a pop-up window to do all navigating.  With the LinkGPS feature on, the RXP GNS will send all its data to the G1000, so the FPL page on the G1000 will list all your waypoints and the route line will appear on the map...you just can't make any changes there.  It's a compromise, but provides the most usability.  Other people prefer the F1 GTN mods which turn the whole MFD into a giant GTN750 screen, but my opinion is that it ruins the look and feel of the cockpit.

I have the Carenado TBM 850 and I am using the GTN750. It does seem to make not cockpit unrealistic but is much much better than the G1000. Hopefully they can fix that. I would be okay with the other stuff as long as they fix that since I use pilotedge and victor airways is a must.

On 27.2.2017 at 6:03 PM, C525B said:

Yeah, but how? The standard G1000 procedure for that does not work :( Select an empty line after the airway entry and turning the inner knob does not change the soft button to load airway as it does in their tutorial videos and in the real thing :( Bought today. The navigraph extension says it is v 1.0 and I cannot find any updates. What could I be missing? P3DV4 is the sim