Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matt Johnson

Flight Simulator X - Part 3

>>The announcement is supposed to be released this week and>>coincidentally, the International Consumer Electronics>>Association (CES) show is in Las Vegas this week, could this>>be where the announcement is made?>>Good eye:>>The CES runs from January 5-8. Looks like Microsoft is an>exhibitor, along with a seperate display for Windows Vista.A number of the blogs by the Microsoft crew have mentioned that they were heading to CES. Then with the notice here that there would be some form of an announcement about FSX this week, it made you wonder if MS would use the CES event to originate their message.

Guest jaapverduijn

You're probably right, Victor. The only difference was in the speed they verified it. One excellent FS site (SimFlight) checked it out and announced the contents in less than an hour, the other excellent FS site (AVSIM) did this a day later. That's possibly due to the time difference between Europe and the States, but still I wish that AVSIM hadn't lagged SO much behind: a quicker reaction would have prevented some unpleasantness in various threads on this forum. On the other hand: the amusement factor of the aforementioned threads was considerable (wide and wicked grin)!Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

Guest flightjunkie

>>>The announcement is supposed to be released this week and>>>coincidentally, the International Consumer Electronics>>>Association (CES) show is in Las Vegas this week, could>this>>>be where the announcement is made?>>>>Good eye:>>>>The CES runs from January 5-8. Looks like Microsoft is an>>exhibitor, along with a seperate display for Windows Vista.>>A number of the blogs by the Microsoft crew have mentioned>that they were heading to CES. Then with the notice here that>there would be some form of an announcement about FSX this>week, it made you wonder if MS would use the CES event to>originate their message.I'll bet anyone $50 that the announcement would come Thursday, January 5 and the "place" would say "Las Vegas, Nevada - CES." Why would Microsoft announce any sooner than that?

>You're probably right, Victor. The only difference was in the>speed they verified it. One excellent FS site (SimFlight)>checked it out and announced the contents in less than an>hour, the other excellent FS site (AVSIM) did this a day>later. That's possibly due to the time difference between>Europe and the States, but still I wish that AVSIM hadn't>lagged SO much behind: a quicker reaction would have prevented>some unpleasantness in various threads on this forum. On the>other hand: the amusement factor of the aforementioned threads>was considerable (wide and wicked grin)!>>Be well!>>Jaap Verduijn. Well Jaap; Looks like the ONLY possible solution to this terrible problem, would be for me to furnish Tom with the (heretofore undisclosed)formula forMy (Pat pending) Ozark Mt, popskull, 200 Mi COFFEE.}( Now for the uninitiated... (non truckers) one cup of this elixerwill permit the drinkee a MINIMUM of 200 extra miles, or six hrs ofbug eyed alertness...WITHOUT the use of toothpicks to prop the eyelidsopen :-eek However; as this is a secret and well guarded formula...knownonly to a select few of us old time truckers, Mr. Allensworth would(of course) be required to sign an NDA requiring some form of suretybond....firstborn child comes to mind:-lol A whole pot of this stuff will keep you awake for DAYS so therewould be no excuse for a repeat of the aforementioned lapse. Afterall Tom will, no doubt, be willing to give up sleep for days at a time to make sure this type of sneak attack never happens again.:-samurai So Tom if you're intrested PM me and I'll send it to you ina triple encrypted email:-badteeth Denny

Hey MGH,<>Actually, this is what a lot of game companies call their products that release several versions over the years (all of the various Nintendo Mario products would be considered a franchise, Project Gotham Racing would be considered a franchise, etc). I don't know if other software genres would use this phraseolegy, I've only ever worked for the FS team and a couple of the embedded OS teams (and those were considered platforms :-> ) here at MS, so don't know if they consider things like Office, Streets and Trips, Money, etc to be franchises also or not.But this is how marketing tends to refer to Flight Sim both internally and externally.Not sure about installment thought, I probably would have just used version myself (but then again, I'm just a silly programmer, not one of those 'in-the-know' marketing types :-> )And no, I don't have any info for ya all on the next installment(version) of the franchise(program), so don't ask :-> At least, not until the marketting types have released the "official" news, which according to the AVSIM front page will be sometime this week.Tim

Guest jaapverduijn

Hi Denny! Can I have you recipe? Please? Pretty please with icing and sugar on top? I'll sign ANYTHING to keep it a secret (grin)!Be well!Jaap.