Sign in to follow this  
Foxtrot Delta Amk

Good specs but bad framse !

Good evening everyone

I just got a new computer 

the specs are : 16GB of ram and AMD R9 380 And an AMD FX 8320

I Get about 12+16 fps with the pmdg 737 in default scenery

I've seen some streamers with the same specs and like 87-90 fps while recording ! 

How's is this possible !

Please help me !

2 hours ago, Foxtrot Delta Amk said:

Good evening everyone

I've seen some streamers with the same specs and like 87-90 fps while recording ! 

How's is this possible !

Please help me !

It is hard to believe 87 90fps, I have 2 powerful PC's for my sim and  get 15/30 fps,  what tweak have you done on the config file?

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

Only the Affinity mask & the Fiber frame time fraction one ! 

Oh yeah believe it or not ! You can check out Chewwy94 in youtube he has similiar specs and he can run P3D at 70 to 80 fps while recording ! It's so unfair !

4 hours ago, Foxtrot Delta Amk said:

Only the Affinity mask & the Fiber frame time fraction one ! 

Oh yeah believe it or not ! You can check out Chewwy94 in youtube he has similiar specs and he can run P3D at 70 to 80 fps while recording ! It's so unfair !

You should leave FiberFram @ default 0.33  your CPU doesn't have enough time to render and that's why you have blurry textures.  don't pay attention at some else's FPS  there are to many variables in the flight Sim world.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

I Don't have any blurry textures sir ! And i just can't believe it i can run battlefield 1 at very ultra settings with high fps while recording ! and when i removed that tweak my sim became even slower !

P3D still requires fast single-thread performance on its primary core, and a 5-year-old AMD 8320 just isn't packing the horsepower, I'm afraid.  12-16 fps with the PMDG 737 sounds about right for your CPU.

Regards

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

2 hours ago, Foxtrot Delta Amk said:

I Don't have any blurry textures sir ! And i just can't believe it i can run battlefield 1 at very ultra settings with high fps while recording ! and when i removed that tweak my sim became even slower !

So try 0.01 that might help and don't forget Flight Sim is not a video game at leat I haven't seen a video game with 1 TB and growing.  Like I said B4 I have 2 PC's running my sim a intel i7 5960X 8 cores @ 4.6 -  3 Nvidia Titan X   a intel raid controller with 6 SSD in raid 0 + fast path IO 64 gig 2800 memory for my main PC and get between 15/30 FPS. and by the way  Chewwy94 is a Vlogger and he probably tweak his PC accordingly even then I see lots of stutter/long frames on his videos.  If you are using default scenery and FF lower the 0.33 it is your hardware.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Foxtrot Delta Amk said:

Good evening everyone

How's is this possible !

Please help me !

Couple of things to consider:

No.1: Chewwy94 has an Intel 6700K, you have FX 8320. Intel is way WAY faster in a single thread performance, exactly what FS needs. AMD has more cores, exactly what FS doesn't need, really. 4 is enough.

No.2: Chewwy94 has an 8GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080. You have AMD R9 380. We are talking about +170% on userbench performance in favor of 1080. A €165 vs €550 GPU.

No.3: Nvidia has a capability to record videos without any impact on performance (ShadowPlay). He is probably using that. I have no idea if AMD has anything similar...

No.4: No-one has 90fps with PMDG 737 in a VC with an mid-complex addon airport. Maybe some crazy 6GHz overclocker, but the fact is that exactly that is usually very CPU limited. Except if your GPU is spiking, what might as well be true if you are using P3D.

No.5: You can't compare BF with FlightSim. You can't compare Crysis 3 with FS. Not GTA IV, nothing really... FS has requirements of its own, loads the hardware differently, and is virtually its own benchmark.

Whatever your other specs are, I don't believe they are in the ballpark of ASUS Maximus VIII Hero and Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz.

So, you are no nearly in the area of his specs.

That said:

The best thing you can do is reset everything (delete prepar3d.cfg, shaders...), lower ALL sliders, start the sim and after everything is loaded, you open your task manager and GPU-Z (sensors page). Make sure task manager is showing LOGICAL cores, and not a "single core". Since AMD has 8 cores, I don't believe you should use any tweaks really.

As was mentioned, you can use FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01, that will give texture loading less priority, with more priority to rendering, thus effectively boosting your maximum FPS (you should still run locked in P3D, to something like 30fps, if you can achieve that really... if not, lower). But for what comes, you MUST LOCK FPS internally.

Really important thing is to keep P3D window maximized and your tools best visible or switching. But P3D must be open and running, even if background, which is enough too.

Your next steps consist of moving sliders and seeing how they impact your FPS, while observing your GPU load. CPU load will usually always be 100% on Core0, but that's normal.

Good luck!

11 hours ago, SimonC said:

Couple of things to consider:

No.1: Chewwy94 has an Intel 6700K, you have FX 8320. Intel is way WAY faster in a single thread performance, exactly what FS needs. AMD has more cores, exactly what FS doesn't need, really. 4 is enough.

No.2: Chewwy94 has an 8GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080. You have AMD R9 380. We are talking about +170% on userbench performance in favor of 1080. A €165 vs €550 GPU.

No.3: Nvidia has a capability to record videos without any impact on performance (ShadowPlay). He is probably using that. I have no idea if AMD has anything similar...

No.4: No-one has 90fps with PMDG 737 in a VC with an mid-complex addon airport. Maybe some crazy 6GHz overclocker, but the fact is that exactly that is usually very CPU limited. Except if your GPU is spiking, what might as well be true if you are using P3D.

No.5: You can't compare BF with FlightSim. You can't compare Crysis 3 with FS. Not GTA IV, nothing really... FS has requirements of its own, loads the hardware differently, and is virtually its own benchmark.

Whatever your other specs are, I don't believe they are in the ballpark of ASUS Maximus VIII Hero and Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz.

So, you are no nearly in the area of his specs.

That said:

The best thing you can do is reset everything (delete prepar3d.cfg, shaders...), lower ALL sliders, start the sim and after everything is loaded, you open your task manager and GPU-Z (sensors page). Make sure task manager is showing LOGICAL cores, and not a "single core". Since AMD has 8 cores, I don't believe you should use any tweaks really.

As was mentioned, you can use FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01, that will give texture loading less priority, with more priority to rendering, thus effectively boosting your maximum FPS (you should still run locked in P3D, to something like 30fps, if you can achieve that really... if not, lower). But for what comes, you MUST LOCK FPS internally.

Really important thing is to keep P3D window maximized and your tools best visible or switching. But P3D must be open and running, even if background, which is enough too.

Your next steps consist of moving sliders and seeing how they impact your FPS, while observing your GPU load. CPU load will usually always be 100% on Core0, but that's normal.

Good luck!

Thank you sir :) i Will try overclocking :) for sure and Amd does have a new recording software called Relive It's pretty good :D 

12 hours ago, angeli662 said:

So try 0.01 that might help and don't forget Flight Sim is not a video game at leat I haven't seen a video game with 1 TB and growing.  Like I said B4 I have 2 PC's running my sim a intel i7 5960X 8 cores @ 4.6 -  3 Nvidia Titan X   a intel raid controller with 6 SSD in raid 0 + fast path IO 64 gig 2800 memory for my main PC and get between 15/30 FPS. and by the way  Chewwy94 is a Vlogger and he probably tweak his PC accordingly even then I see lots of stutter/long frames on his videos.  If you are using default scenery and FF lower the 0.33 it is your hardware.

Thank you for your advice sir i will try it for sure :)

13 hours ago, w6kd said:

P3D still requires fast single-thread performance on its primary core, and a 5-year-old AMD 8320 just isn't packing the horsepower, I'm afraid.  12-16 fps with the PMDG 737 sounds about right for your CPU.

Regards

Thank you in advance sir :)

50 minutes ago, Foxtrot Delta Amk said:

Thank you sir :) i Will try overclocking :) for sure and Amd does have a new recording software called Relive It's pretty good :D 

Be careful, if you never overclocked. Inform yourself enough previously.

Relive decreases performance by about 3-4%, just fyi.

3 hours ago, Foxtrot Delta Amk said:

Got it i just realised something 

Every core in my cpu is 1.4GHz while it should be 4GHz Why is this happening 

Even when running P3D it's at 1.4GHz

Check your temps. when running P3D.