Sign in to follow this  
Marwan Gharib

I'm modeling a freeware Hondajet HA420 , Here's my progress

That is a very good looking model! :cool:

One bit of advice I would offer as someone that has been modeling for a very long time...get it exported into the sim. Renders are cool, but there is a lot of stuff that comes into play when you get a plane in-sim that can give you a lot of clean-up work to do. The best practice would be to first have the export procedure working, and then check your work as you go.

Hi Marwan,

You've got some serious skill there - sir...

Nice work...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Wow, incredible work on this.  The Hondajet is certainly unique with its engines mounted the way they are.  The real one has been a longtime in development.  Some good videos can be found on Youtube.

John

Excellent work. You are very gifted!

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Hello gentlemen. 

I had to put this project on hold for the past 8 month for unseen workloads.

I was finally able to pick it up again 2 weeks back with re-ingnited love! redid the exterior from scratch , modeled a cabin and finally got around to doing the moving parts as the gear bay door, flaps and ailerons. Things get really tough when fitting the different parts back together as there are no actual engineering references for the design I was able to find. So eye balling things from pictures when doing 3d modelling will always call for many redos of a lot of stuff to make them fit right. so this was a very challenging model for me to make.

I am now satisfied with the silhouette that I'm ready to do the texture baking and start importing to the sim.

I've spent a lot of time meanwhile reading through the SDK and have a somewhat good idea on how to go about things from here.

Have a look at these latest pics and let me know what you think:

external 4

external 2

external 1cockpitcabin

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That looks amazing, please continue. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hi Folks,

Speechless... 

Do you have some idea of the coding that goes into glass panels ? Those three massive displays could be a bear...

Best of luck...

Regards,

Scott

8 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Speechless... 

Do you have some idea of the coding that goes into glass panels ? Those three massive displays could be a bear...

Best of luck...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott , 

I have some experience coding in C# (I've developed a game before with thousands of lines of code for interface and physics, See: https://youtu.be/7g3TN0NLp0Y) so I have an idea on how general coding goes.

I've been reading through the SDK documentation and getting my head around coding specifically for ESP.  I've gone through the examples for both C++ and XML and I think I'll go with XML and learn the specifics along the way. I kind of learn by doing.

Once I start it will be clear for me if I could practically add advance/customized functionality or instead should settle for the available default approximations (This should be easily doable).

in any case I am intending to release the source files as well, So it would be accessible for any one to modify the model and add functionality to it.

I'll know my actual capacity to do gauges once I start.

Best regards.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, marwanhamed said:

Hi Scott , 

I have some experience coding in C# (I've developed a game before with thousands of lines of code for interface and physics, See: https://youtu.be/7g3TN0NLp0Y) so I have an idea on how general coding goes.

I've been reading through the SDK documentation and getting my head around coding specifically for ESP.  I've gone through the examples for both C++ and XML and I think I'll go with XML and learn the specifics along the way. I kind of learn by doing.

Once I start it will be clear for me if I could practically add advance/customized functionality or instead should settle for the available default approximations (This should be easily doable).

in any case I am intending to release the source files as well, So it would be accessible for any one to modify the model and add functionality to it.

I'll know my actual capacity to do gauges once I start.

Best regards.

Hi...

Thanks for such a detailed response - just from the bit I know - sometimes the glass takes longer than the plane... Based on the quality of your model I should have surmised that you had everything well in hand...

Just in case you’re not aware - most of the heavy developers hang out at FSDeveloper - it’s an invaluable resource...

Again - that’s some introduction around here - just WOW !

Regards,

Scott

Nice job Marwan, 

Can't wait to test it, what is your proposal release date?

Challenger 650 could be your next project.

Boy, this project really was looking good. I hope the author will be able to finish her off.