Sign in to follow this  
Marwan Gharib

I'm modeling a freeware Hondajet HA420 , Here's my progress

Hi guys.

I've been working on a 3d model of a Hondajet for the past couple of month and Wanted to show you some progress.

The intention is to create a freeware model for FSX/P3D while being a training tool for me in 3d modeling.

I have thin experience in programming ,so I will have to dig deep into learning FSX/P3D SDK specific programming to model the systems and general functionality. the goal is to have advance autopilot  with integration of flight1 GTN750 , and basic systems for the rest.

I'm showing renders of both the interior and exterior ,obviously I spent more time on the interior thus far. Many refinements and details to be added.

Let me know your feedback.

Marwan Gharib

3.jpg

6.jpg

interior -3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

Looks nice. I actually saw one of these at KHEF during the inauguration. I don't know how many are in the US, but the number must be very small.

DJ

Wonderful,,,really glad your doing this! PM sent. Love this plane and did all the colors for the old freeware version. Here are the paints I did.

Edited by Jim Young
Removed dead link to photobucket.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Looks amazing!  You *might* want to contact Flight1 about integration of their G1000.  But that's a G3000, isn't it?  Not sure what the difference is besides the lower touchscreens.

EDIT:  Meant to ask, what 3D modelling software are you using?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

IT will be cool with the F1 G1000 if not the G3000

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

On 2/25/2017 at 8:32 AM, warbirds said:

Wonderful,,,really glad your doing this! PM sent. Love this plane and did all the colors for the old freeware version. Here are the paints I did.

Thanks!

during my thinking process of which plane to model; I felt the Honda had the most interesting curves, Its canopy is certainly unique + I fell in love with the wing mounted engine!

I am now working within the 3D program , but will tinker with the texturing and export to the sim soon . Hoping you can recreate your wonderful work for this version!

1 hour ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Looks amazing!  You *might* want to contact Flight1 about integration of their G1000.  But that's a G3000, isn't it?  Not sure what the difference is besides the lower touchscreens.

EDIT:  Meant to ask, what 3D modelling software are you using?

Thanks!

it has a G3000 , which I don't think has been recreated for the sim yet? the GTN750 I believe will fit perfectly for the lower touch screens, Perhaps I can approach this by imbedding the default G1000 PDF and ND and complementing with the GTN750 on the lower units. are you aware of any developer who approached modeling a plane with a G3000 system? perhaps I can take a que from their approach. 

I use 3dsmax for modeling.

• Upvote 1

Marwanhamed did you get my PM?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Very nice!  I've got a decent amount of pics (and some closeups) of one that came to Duluth a few years back.  PM me with your email if you need any pics

IMG_8602_1.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:35 PM, ryanbatcund said:

Very nice!  I've got a decent amount of pics (and some closeups) of one that came to Duluth a few years back.  PM me with your email if you need any pics

IMG_8602_1.jpg

Thanks!

PM sent!

On 2/25/2017 at 11:39 AM, marwanhamed said:

are you aware of any developer who approached modeling a plane with a G3000 system?

I don't think anyone has tried it and suspect it would be tough.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I would be more than happy just to have gtn 750 integration.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

As an aside, one thing that would be cool would be a remodel of the Flight1 Mustang.  It's a wonderful plane to fly, has a nice G1000, a really good FADEC implementation, and an autopilot with a great FLC mode.  For years now, it's been the best VLJ/Business Jet on the market.  The only thing is, it's visuals have become dated...especially in comparison to what you've done to that HondaJet.  The one thing that might make it a challenge is that it has icing effects on the windshield and wings.

Gregg Seipp

Hello gents,

Wanted to show you some updates on further modeling and texturing for the cockpit. Notably gauge texts and buttons of the pedestal... This is a render in the 3D package .. not yet in engine

32425641694_eef42d0c3e_o.jpgR28 by marwangharib3 gharib, on Flickr