Marwan Gharib

I'm modeling a freeware Hondajet HA420 , Here's my progress

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

8 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Speechless... 

Do you have some idea of the coding that goes into glass panels ? Those three massive displays could be a bear...

Best of luck...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott , 

I have some experience coding in C# (I've developed a game before with thousands of lines of code for interface and physics, See: https://youtu.be/7g3TN0NLp0Y) so I have an idea on how general coding goes.

I've been reading through the SDK documentation and getting my head around coding specifically for ESP.  I've gone through the examples for both C++ and XML and I think I'll go with XML and learn the specifics along the way. I kind of learn by doing.

Once I start it will be clear for me if I could practically add advance/customized functionality or instead should settle for the available default approximations (This should be easily doable).

in any case I am intending to release the source files as well, So it would be accessible for any one to modify the model and add functionality to it.

I'll know my actual capacity to do gauges once I start.

Best regards.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, marwanhamed said:

Hi Scott , 

I have some experience coding in C# (I've developed a game before with thousands of lines of code for interface and physics, See: https://youtu.be/7g3TN0NLp0Y) so I have an idea on how general coding goes.

I've been reading through the SDK documentation and getting my head around coding specifically for ESP.  I've gone through the examples for both C++ and XML and I think I'll go with XML and learn the specifics along the way. I kind of learn by doing.

Once I start it will be clear for me if I could practically add advance/customized functionality or instead should settle for the available default approximations (This should be easily doable).

in any case I am intending to release the source files as well, So it would be accessible for any one to modify the model and add functionality to it.

I'll know my actual capacity to do gauges once I start.

Best regards.

Hi...

Thanks for such a detailed response - just from the bit I know - sometimes the glass takes longer than the plane... Based on the quality of your model I should have surmised that you had everything well in hand...

Just in case you’re not aware - most of the heavy developers hang out at FSDeveloper - it’s an invaluable resource...

Again - that’s some introduction around here - just WOW !

Regards,

Scott

Nice job Marwan, 

Can't wait to test it, what is your proposal release date?

Challenger 650 could be your next project.

Boy, this project really was looking good. I hope the author will be able to finish her off.